Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 28, 2011, 09:38 AM
Stupid Gravity!
Hey Allan,

That must be one of Ben's few poly-dihedral designs, huh?

Franny
Last edited by Franny B; Jul 31, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
If it was his design then I think it would be his only poly wing. He doesn't claim it as his though. It looks a bit dumpy but I think it would fly very well.

Anyway, this time I will get the right file for MEC. Attached.
You might be interested in XP2 as well.

Allan
Jul 28, 2011, 04:41 PM

"Gas Polly" is not by Ben

Hi Guys:
The "Gas Polly" was not designed by Ben Shereshaw. Per the first paragraph, it was designed by Walter Dickinson. A close friend of Ben's. I tried o contact Walter within the last year and his daughter let me know he had recently passed away. I have a photo somewhere that denotes the gang the traveled to the '38 Nats.
Per my dad's recollection, Walter was a gifted designer and builder, noted for always bringing his mom to the various model meets. In the above noted photo his mom is clearly pictured.
I'll look for and post it this coming weekend.
Jul 28, 2011, 05:12 PM

Thanks Jon

Thanks Jon, great to have your input to this thread. It really puts the stuff I'm reading in these old magazines in context. I'll pick up some more this weekend. I know they have some gems in them too including the that photo.
It's a shame we are lossing these old soldiers from that golden era in the late 30s.
Allan
Jul 31, 2011, 02:10 PM

Photo of Ben Officiating at Eastern States Model Contest ...1930's

Hi Guys:
Here is a photo of Ben officiating at 1930's Eastern States Model Contest.
Fellow with sunglasses is Charles K. Williams - Don't know other gent.
Sincerely,
Jon B. Shereshaw
Jul 31, 2011, 02:16 PM

Scientific Commodore

Hi Guys:
According to Ben this was the prototype Scientific Commodore - probably 1937.
Sincerely,
Jon B. Shereshaw
Jul 31, 2011, 04:32 PM

The Champion

I love the pith helmets, looks very colonial British!
I really would like a Comodore plan. Can anyone help with that?

A new one for you. I have never even seen a another picture of a Champion. It is very big and is a complex build. I looks good on paper though and would be a handsome model I think. Another one for Franny perhaps.
Anyone know anything about it?

Allan
Jul 31, 2011, 07:48 PM
Allen,

Here is a PDF of the 1938 Commodore by Ben Shereshaw, though the image isn't of high quality. Perhaps someone can help us put this into a cleaner PDF image, please.

Soft landings,

Joe
Jul 31, 2011, 10:30 PM

Original Comodore plan?

Thanks Joe!
I see it has an Oslan redesign so I expect the struture has changed a bit.
Does anyone have the original Kit plan??

Allan
Aug 01, 2011, 03:35 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK1
I love the pith helmets, looks very colonial British!
I really would like a Comodore plan. Can anyone help with that?

A new one for you. I have never even seen a another picture of a Champion. It is very big and is a complex build. I looks good on paper though and would be a handsome model I think. Another one for Franny perhaps.
Anyone know anything about it?

Allan
Oooohh Allan, that is PRETTY! And what a mouth-watering structure, something to really get your teeth into!
Aug 01, 2011, 04:08 PM
Stupid Gravity!
Hey Allan,

The "Champion" Looks a bit like the Cumulus with a cabin. What do you think? I bet it would fly really well.

f
Aug 01, 2011, 04:50 PM
Yes Franny, I think it would perform very similarly to Cumulus. Good structure too. There is hardly a straight line any where except for the wing so would be challenging to build and take a while. Would be nice though.

Good one for you I reckon.

Allan
Aug 01, 2011, 05:20 PM
Stupid Gravity!
Yeah! I have to finish that pusher first... I hope to get some more parts from Dan this week...

f
Aug 01, 2011, 07:43 PM

Yeah Franny Go man Go!

Franny:
Yeah Franny Go Man Go!
Sincerely,
Jon B. Shereshaw
Aug 01, 2011, 11:46 PM

Pioneer

I like this airplane maybe because it looks more like a real one. I know I have posted these to the Loutrel thread but they belong here too.

Anyone got an R/C redraw of this one? Flown one?

Allan

Quick Reply