Mar 05, 2012, 10:58 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
that was exactly my reasoning and i do have it up and running now with a tiny13 (cant get any smaller than that).
Cool! No if you have it running I certainly won't go reinventing the wheel just for the sake of it - awaiting details with my AVR programmer ready
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
http://der-frickler.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
cool johannes. can you tell me how much that weighs?
Sorry, just remembered that it is in the car (in my EasyStar), but...

GPS 6g
CR1632 1,7g
Hub and Vario Sensor maybe 4-6g

so i would say it is is 12-14g
Mar 05, 2012, 12:05 PM
RC beginner
thanks. definitely big savings. hard to beat but im going to try.
Mar 05, 2012, 05:36 PM
Happy FPV flyer
And here's mine in the meantime. 8gr without wires.

Mar 05, 2012, 05:42 PM
So you guys would like a GPS with a built in hub? Or a receiver with a built in hub?

-Wayne
Mar 05, 2012, 06:05 PM
Happy FPV flyer
A GPS with a hub that is replaced by a small single chip... replacing the big thing I posted above by something like this and a couple of small wires

Mar 06, 2012, 03:03 AM
Found this thread today -- just finished reading every single post. Head swimming in information - midnight and time to sleep...but....

Has anyone considered a way to increase the volume of the alarms on the DHT-U? Ya, I'd like them customized and all of that -- but to start with --- louder would be nice.
Mar 06, 2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
So you guys would like a GPS with a built in hub? Or a receiver with a built in hub?

-Wayne
A Rx with an included hub would include the whole 9 yards for all the sensors so I see little point in that. Just use a hub. A stand alone sensor which could be plugged into the new 4 channel directly would be a big boon to the smaller air frames where only one or two sensors are needed. It would save a large amount of weight and space. I don't see why FrSky couldn't keep the hub and offer a few standalone sensors such as vario or GPS for glider guys for example.

Richard
Mar 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian
A Rx with an included hub would include the whole 9 yards for all the sensors so I see little point in that. Just use a hub. A stand alone sensor which could be plugged into the new 4 channel directly would be a big boon to the smaller air frames where only one or two sensors are needed. It would save a large amount of weight and space. I don't see why FrSky couldn't keep the hub and offer a few standalone sensors such as vario or GPS for glider guys for example.

Richard
That is more of less what I was thinking.. I'd like a real Vario that can plug straight into the receiver. Great for DLG and other small gliders. If it included a GPS, I guess that would be OK..

What are you guys doing with the GPS data?

-Wayne
Mar 06, 2012, 05:31 PM

Flvs-01

Has anyone had an issue with this?
Mine reads .07V high on cell No. 6, the first 5 cells are spot on (+ or - .02V)
compared to a Fluke DVM.

I got this rather confusing reply from Eva:-

"The voltage detection precision of FLVS-01 is 0.03V and I presume your problem was caused by the total values of voltage detection precision from cells 1-5"

Wonder what that means?.
Mar 06, 2012, 05:37 PM
Happy FPV flyer
I think she understood you measured a .07V difference on the whole pack, which would be explained by accumulating the errors of all cells, instead of just on cell 6 itself.
Mar 06, 2012, 06:21 PM
That makes sense!
Thanks!
Mar 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
If it included a GPS, I guess that would be OK..

-Wayne
I would prefer separate sensors, a stand alone vario and a stand alone GPS. The GPS is expensive and to tack that onto anything else would eliminate many prospective buyers.

Richard
Mar 07, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I'm new to FrSky so I hope you can help me out
I want to buy a Th9x V2 and add some telemtry. (I only want to know the voltage of the battery )

I found a tutorial but it was only for the TX side not showing what is needed for RX equipment.
So this was suggested on the TX side:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...7205&aff=46415
Can I use only this RX:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetry_.html
and this voltage sensor:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_System_.html
or this:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_FLVS_01.html

1) do I have to buy a sensor hub? (as only voltage is of interest)
2) can I use a cheaper 8ch RX?
3) how can I use the first cheaper voltage sensor to be used for a 4s battery?

Thanks in advance
Mar 07, 2012, 02:48 PM
1) no hub needed
2) you can use cheaper V8* receivers, but no telemetry
3) it is good up to 18.6V, so event 5S

Quick Reply