FrSky 2.4Ghz - Telemetry Hub & Sensor discussion - Page 102 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 05, 2012, 06:23 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Sorry, I may have missed it, but how are you getting the data to the phone?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2012, 07:21 AM

FRSKYLogger App

Hello Hexperience,

see Manual - Hardware pre-conditions.
A serial BT module, which is connected to the data port of the FrSky module enables the connection to the phone.
Hartmut
Jun 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
Registered Abuser
Would something like this do the job?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Serial-Bl...item3cc4fc68ad
Jun 05, 2012, 08:04 AM

Frsky Logger

Hi community,
first let me introduce due Iám new to the community here ( i was only reading in the past).
I´m the neighbour of Hartmut wo developed this excellent app which display ALL currently available and upcoming sensors ( like amp sensor).
The app runs great, I run it on a Samsung Galaxy Mini, also on a HTC Wildfire.

As Hartmut already mentioned you have to bring the Rx Tx from the FrSky Hack Modul to a BT Modul which you connect with the phone. I realized that in my Graupner MX16 with a RS232>TTL converter ( i choose the Frsky Miniupgrade) and a 10$ BT Modul from ebay.

During devlopment I provided Hartmut following Sensor Data´s (He´s not using FrSky - This crazy guy developded his own Telemetry Sensors and Hub, based on Xbee) :
- Voltage Sensor ( AD 2)
- rpm
- Variometer (Vario Sensor Bosch BP05)
- GPS Data´s (Speed and Hight)
- Temperature
- Fuel Sensor
- Voltage Monitor ( Single cell monitor)

I do a lot of test flight´s with e-planes ( FunJet and MX02), as well as with my T-Rex 600 Pro Nitro.

If I have to summarize........ WOW!!!...... Thank You Hartmut. - All Data´s are reliable and plausible.

Regards,
Thorsten
Jun 05, 2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky

Yes, and no ... you will still need an inverter for use this module.

FrSky like reversed UART standards

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Jun 05, 2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky

Hi you can use a BT with integrated converter like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=200578455455

You van also use the Modul from the link you provided, but in this case you have to put th RS232 TTL converter ( like the FrSky min upgrade) between Frsky and your BT Modul

KR
Thorsten
Jun 05, 2012, 09:34 AM
wic
wic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPe
It’s not planned to distribute the source code nor to start a new software development discussion here. I believe this forum is probably not the right place for this. ( May be someone could give me a recommendation where to discuss it ).
But I’m ready to eliminate the bugs or to add new features. So, please give me some response ( here or using the contact form on my web page). Since I’m abroad for some days it may take a bit until I can answer. Please be patient
Hello HaPe / Hartmut,

I have tested Your software on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 with Android 4.0.3 and I have some bugs.
The cells value are not right, they are every time to small. At the sensor it show 4.03, 4.02 and 4.03. In the aplication it shows 3.58, 3.57 and 3.58.
Another thing is that the voicemessage only say the first added from list, so it is not possible to have more voicemessages?

Best regards from finland

Andy

edit:
I use the Bluetooth UART RS232 COM Converter Module+TTL Adapter Daughter Board form ebay in my TH9X
/edit
Jun 05, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Andy,

maybe I can answer.

Regarding "Bug" Voicmessage: This is not a Bug. It seems that something changed in the speech engine between Android 2.2; 2.3 and Andorid 4.0.
We found execatly the same issue. The app works fine, but with Android 4 only the first selected voicemessage will be spoken.With Andorid 2.2/ 2.3 it works propper as it should.

Hartmut is aware of it and I´m sure he will fix the problem as soon as he understand what was changed between the Android Versions.

Regarding Voltage: Strange, I never had that Issue.Are you sure you´ve selected the right value of voltage divider for the Ad1 and/or Ad 2 ?

Regards
Thorsten
Jun 05, 2012, 10:38 AM
wic
wic
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten5
Regarding Voltage: Strange, I never had that Issue.Are you sure you´ve selected the right value of voltage divider for the Ad1 and/or Ad 2 ?
The normal Voltage of the voltage sensor (AD1) its working fine, but the values of the lipo sensor are wrong. But its not so bad for me, because I look more of the voltage of all.

I hope we take a info, if a new version comes.

Andy
Jun 05, 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Dear community,
When a friend asked me to develop an Andoid App for his FrSky telemetry system I started reading this forum. I learned a lot from you and as a result I programmed this App to display and log all possible FrSky telemetry data. I believe it’s time to give something back to all of you. If you are interested you can download the app and some additional tools from this page ( www.hapeweb.com ). It’s freeware. It’s a beta version and thus has probably still some bugs, but it has been tested and worked fine.
Very nice! Guess I need to go get an Android now..
Jun 05, 2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Very nice! Guess I need to go get an Android now..
The FLD-02 display will cost you for sure less

Actually, same can be done over any smartphone ... like on Symbian and Bada via J2ME, or on iPhone (this is maybe less straight forward)

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Jun 05, 2012, 12:35 PM
I currently have an iPhone, but it is about time for a new contract, and have been considering the Androids. I have now seen two nice integrations for FrSky using the Androids, and not one for the iPhone.

Besides, this does more then the FLD. And then there is the WOW factor.

-Wayne
Jun 05, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hello Andy,

thank you for the feedback.
Concerningf the lipo cell values: the app takes the values as delivered by the hub and displays it. No changes bveside of a fixed normalization.
May be someone else could double check whether the same fault shows up ? Otherwise you need to check your hub/ lipo sensor
Last edited by HaPe; Jun 05, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Jun 05, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hi Wayne,
for my understanding it's not a question of alternative displays. It's a question of handling while controlling your model.
At least for me it's simple impossible to read some small lines of information out in the field while concentrating on model control at the same time. In only milli second the modell may have crashed.
Regards
Hartmut
Jun 05, 2012, 03:57 PM
wic
wic
Quote:
Hello Andy,

thank you for the feedback.
Concerningf the lipo cell values: the app takes the values as delivered by the hub and displays it. No changes bveside of a fixed normalization.
May be someone else could double check whether the same fault shows up ? Otherwise you need to check your hub/ lipo sensor
I have at the same time the FLD-02 in action and there it shows right.
The high, temp and all other values it shows right. So I will check it tomorrow again.

Lieben Grüsse aus Finnland

Andy