This thread is privately moderated by thomanie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by thomanie
Cool

Pot of gold

Just finished 10 days of fullsize flying

Had a blast being one of the course instructors on the National Aerosports Clubs 2011 soaring instructor camp. Weather was really lousy, resulting far too many aerotows.

But, here's picture proof a rainbow always ends in a pot of gold
Last edited by thomanie; Aug 23, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2011, 05:37 AM
Find More Posts by Coolaid
What's the options for a glider pilot in Trøndelag area? Do you usually go to Oppdal to fly? I hope they'll get permits to build that sports aviation field outside Trondheim soon.

I used to have a glider license some 15 years ago bit it's expired due to lack of time to keep it valid. Do you think I could do a 'crash course' to get back on track again, i.e. skip the theory and just do some training flights with an instructor.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by thomanie
@coolaid:
You have two options - either Oppdal for aerotows with NTH Flyklubb, or Ler for TMG with Gauldal Seilflyklubb.

Intensive training to get back in the air? Sure!

Having been out-of-license for +36 months, according to current rules and regulations, you need:
- new medical
- stick-time until proficient on flying and operating/emergency procedures
- a full set of theory exams
- proficiency check flight(s) ("PFT/S")

Suggest you read it from the source - Kap 6, pkt 3.2.

Shoot me an email in case you want more details

T