Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:41 PM
Vince_TT is offline
Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Registered User
Arnav, try this tip l learned from RCG. Use Vaseline to cover the lever, spring to prevent glue running into these moving parts. I personally prefer 5 mins epoxy for this job.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:57 PM
arnav is online now
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
I think you are right. I am happy I asked. This is exactly how I glue the GWS wing nuts. The Vaseline make sure the epoxy doesn't get into the nut. I thought that maybe thick CA will be less runny than epoxy but with the Vaseline it should be just fine, plus unlike CA you can keep moving it back and forth while it cures to make sure nothing is jammed. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Vince.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:15 PM
Vince_TT is offline
Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Registered User
You are welcome, Arnav.
Snowing, 29 degree, 20mph+ wind and ski trip occupied my time for this weekend. Wife and kids are thinking about another trip this coming weekend. Probably no flying for me, again.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:57 AM
3DeltaFly is online now
Find More Posts by 3DeltaFly
Byron C
3DeltaFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
I think you are right. I am happy I asked. This is exactly how I glue the GWS wing nuts. The Vaseline make sure the epoxy doesn't get into the nut. I thought that maybe thick CA will be less runny than epoxy but with the Vaseline it should be just fine, plus unlike CA you can keep moving it back and forth while it cures to make sure nothing is jammed. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Vince.
I used thick CA to glue mine back in, and hit it with Kicker before it had a chance to run. It helps to prep the smooth glue area on the latch by scuffing it up a bit with sandpaper.

Using Vaseline on the moving parts prior to gluing the latch is a great idea Should have done that myself, but lucked out using a small amount of oil instead.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:27 PM
M.Putnam is offline
Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Shade Tree Aviation #2
M.Putnam's Avatar
I just completed the build and got the throws dialed in on mine. Weather looks bad for a weekend maiden. Might go ahead and add the vortex generators since I will have time. Just got a shipment of right angle plastic.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:46 PM
wedoitall is offline
Find More Posts by wedoitall
Registered User
wedoitall's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Putnam View Post
I just completed the build and got the throws dialed in on mine. Weather looks bad for a weekend maiden. Might go ahead and add the vortex generators since I will have time. Just got a shipment of right angle plastic.
nice! i know youll like them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
teddy5085 is offline
Find More Posts by teddy5085
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
Well went out and shoveled part of the runway off today and got 6 flights in due to numb thumbs or dumb thumbs (ruling is not in yet lol) had a way close call doing a hover 2' off the ground! I was like NOOOOOO as it fliped upside down then I get it right side up and massive wing rock and just caught a ski and PUFF it lands in 4" of snow , tell u what that will put a warm feeling in ur tummy or in my case maybe a little in the shorts as well!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:26 PM
Aaeolien is offline
Find More Posts by Aaeolien
3d addict
I snuck out to fly today too and almost dumped mine due to a wind gust on a harrier turn 6 inches from the ground. Whew got lucky on that one. Almost did the slow cartwheel of doom. Lol.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:33 PM
wedoitall is offline
Find More Posts by wedoitall
Registered User
wedoitall's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085 View Post
Well went out and shoveled part of the runway off today and got 6 flights in due to numb thumbs or dumb thumbs (ruling is not in yet lol) had a way close call doing a hover 2' off the ground! I was like NOOOOOO as it fliped upside down then I get it right side up and massive wing rock and just caught a ski and PUFF it lands in 4" of snow , tell u what that will put a warm feeling in ur tummy or in my case maybe a little in the shorts as well!
ha, maybe alil in the shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
I snuck out to fly today too and almost dumped mine due to a wind gust on a harrier turn 6 inches from the ground. Whew got lucky on that one. Almost did the slow cartwheel of doom. Lol.
had close calls down low in wind gusts. kinda scary. I keep telling myself I wont do anything with a high AOA down low with gusty wind/x-wind. but I keep doing it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:21 PM
teddy5085 is offline
Find More Posts by teddy5085
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
Hello all guess I have a ?? Im thinking about buyen a new speed controller and i was looken at a icelight 100 for a bigger plane in the future so I guess im wondering would it be ok to run it in a smaller one such as my buck 1.5
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:35 PM
quadracer is offline
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
It would certainly work, but it's quite large and heavy for a 48.... You'd need to move it quite a way back to get it balanced.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:19 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
It would certainly work, but it's quite large and heavy for a 48.... You'd need to move it quite a way back to get it balanced.
My batteries were always way up against the front of the MB anyway so I'm betting it will balance just fine. Might even help get the batts back in the MB for easier strapping.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
quadracer is offline
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Good point. Mine were quite a way back from the firewall, so I was just going off of my own experience. It would be worth a shot to try it though.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:02 PM
M.Putnam is offline
Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Shade Tree Aviation #2
M.Putnam's Avatar
"Go" fever got the best of me. I have been waiting to fly the Edge for weeks, but my schedule and bad weather have conspired to prevent me from comitting aviation! In spite of 10-15 mph winds I maidened the Edge with carbon gear and sfg mods today. I think I am really going to like this plane. It is very floaty and will be a knifedge monster. Harriers were easy (even in the wind). Now if I can get some free time and good weather to happen simultaneously, I might get to wring this bird out!
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:08 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Putnam View Post
"Go" fever got the best of me. I have been waiting to fly the Edge for weeks, but my schedule and bad weather have conspired to prevent me from comitting aviation! In spite of 10-15 mph winds I maidened the Edge with carbon gear and sfg mods today. I think I am really going to like this plane. It is very floaty and will be a knifedge monster. Harriers were easy (even in the wind). Now if I can get some free time and good weather to happen simultaneously, I might get to wring this bird out!
Awesome! Yea, the weather has sucked lately. It was windy down in Charlotte too but I still got out there. Backwards harriers are always interesting!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM