New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
I used the SFG's as I was looking more for low and slow. It really helps in harrier. If you're going for more pattern type flying then you might want to start without them and see what you think.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:06 PM
dth7 is offline
Find More Posts by dth7
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
I was going to go with the thumb screws for easy on and off. I think I'll have a ball with it either way. I'm afraid I will be wanting a 25-30% extra soon enough! I flew a friends Aeroworks 72" Yak on a 1.5 Saito the other day and wow what a difference from the 48" to 70" + size is in the air- stability, solid lines, etc. Back in hobby for less than a year after a 15 yr break. Glow all gone, transition to electric, 3D, IMAC and I'm all ready knocking back on the gas door! Pulled me right back in. I'll be looking for a trailer "toy box" before too long I suppose.
Anyone have that number for RC anonymous? Yikes
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:57 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
I was going to go with the thumb screws for easy on and off. I think I'll have a ball with it either way. I'm afraid I will be wanting a 25-30% extra soon enough! I flew a friends Aeroworks 72" Yak on a 1.5 Saito the other day and wow what a difference from the 48" to 70" + size is in the air- stability, solid lines, etc. Back in hobby for less than a year after a 15 yr break. Glow all gone, transition to electric, 3D, IMAC and I'm all ready knocking back on the gas door! Pulled me right back in. I'll be looking for a trailer "toy box" before too long I suppose.
Anyone have that number for RC anonymous? Yikes
LOL! I hear ya on the 70" planes. Feels like they're are moving in slow motion. So stable and easy to fly!!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:02 PM
toolman18 is offline
Find More Posts by toolman18
Registered User
toolman18's Avatar
Anyone got a 130 omega they want to get rid of? Getting back into the 48 edge 540. Just about got everything. Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:19 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
I was going to go with the thumb screws for easy on and off. I think I'll have a ball with it either way. I'm afraid I will be wanting a 25-30% extra soon enough! I flew a friends Aeroworks 72" Yak on a 1.5 Saito the other day and wow what a difference from the 48" to 70" + size is in the air- stability, solid lines, etc. Back in hobby for less than a year after a 15 yr break. Glow all gone, transition to electric, 3D, IMAC and I'm all ready knocking back on the gas door! Pulled me right back in. I'll be looking for a trailer "toy box" before too long I suppose.
Anyone have that number for RC anonymous? Yikes
IMO,

no need to go back to gas unless you go bigger than 70-78" which I promised myself I wouldn't do

number is #$%-&^*-&&88
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:05 PM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Some of us just have to have an engine making lots of noise
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:38 AM
dth7 is offline
Find More Posts by dth7
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
IMO,

no need to go back to gas unless you go bigger than 70-78" which I promised myself I wouldn't do

number is #$%-&^*-&&88
I'm afraid I'm headed into the 78"/25-30% range and in the long run the gas seems more economical. I'm enjoying the IMAC and freestyle flying and to compete above "basic" I'm going to need something bigger. For now the 60" extra should keep me busy (I hope!)
Sorry to take us off the Edge (which I love to Huck around).
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:19 PM
cale10 is offline
Find More Posts by cale10
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
I'm afraid I'm headed into the 78"/25-30% range and in the long run the gas seems more economical. I'm enjoying the IMAC and freestyle flying and to compete above "basic" I'm going to need something bigger. For now the 60" extra should keep me busy (I hope!)
Sorry to take us off the Edge (which I love to Huck around).
60" extra? 3dhs or EF?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:27 PM
FIXXIN2FLY is offline
Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
I would assume hes referring to the 60 EF since 3DHS doesnt offer a 60
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:32 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
I've heard that the EF 60" Extra is an awesome plane. But I can tell you for CERTAIN that the 3DHS 57" Extra is awesome!!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:18 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
I can tell you for CERTAIN that the 60" EF Extra is an awesome plane, and I will be able to tell you soon just how awesome the 57", once I get it built
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 PM
FIXXIN2FLY is offline
Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
Actually I can already tell you they both fly awesome!!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
It's good to have choices!! I wish I had more Extras in my fleet. I find them to be the best blend of everything.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:44 PM
FIXXIN2FLY is offline
Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
it's good to have choices!! I wish i had more extras in my fleet. I find them to be the best blend of everything.
+100
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:10 AM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
sheesh haha... I honestly have not even flown an extra yet... aside from the sim. I have just had edges and slicks.

Replaced an hs 65 hb. Now before someone goes off about needing mg servos just realize that servo probably had close to 400 flights on it before it finally lost a tooth on a gear. Plenty of crashes and plenty of hangar rash in that time. Now before you freak out... I recommend everyone use mg servos in these planes but if you have hb's and you are worried to use them don't. They will be fine in ailerons for hundreds of flights unless you are very accident prone.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM