New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:55 AM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Hi dth7.

First... congrats on getting back into the hobby and choosing the best
Second: no brakes. You always want that prop turning on a 3d plane.
Third: 14x8 is too much prop.
Fourth: Stay away from Master Airscrew on 3d planes. I'd rather use them to stir paint! If you want a wood prop go with a xoar, falcon, or protek.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:38 AM
davebloomer is offline
Find More Posts by davebloomer
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
14x8 will indeed quickly burn up recommended motor and esc. Ask me how I accidentally know. Not sure how that prop got in my toolbox anyway.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:57 AM
dth7 is offline
Find More Posts by dth7
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
14x8 will indeed quickly burn up recommended motor and esc. Ask me how I accidentally know. Not sure how that prop got in my toolbox anyway.
I put it on the watt meter and I knew at 1/2 throttle this thing is coming off!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:01 AM
dth7 is offline
Find More Posts by dth7
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Hi dth7.

First... congrats on getting back into the hobby and choosing the best
Second: no brakes. You always want that prop turning on a 3d plane.
Third: 14x8 is too much prop.
Fourth: Stay away from Master Airscrew on 3d planes. I'd rather use them to stir paint! If you want a wood prop go with a xoar, falcon, or protek.
I pretty much knew that about the brake, just "hucking" it out there! Also I knew right away the 14x8 was too much. I did put the MAS 13x6 on my Dynam Pitts and it really performs great with it. I did have to add more tape than normal to balance. Is quality control your reason to stay away? What's the best source for the props you recommend. Trying to not break the bank on them. I haven't had problems dinging any.
14x7 APC seems to do real nice with the Omega 130 and 3s 1800-2800 30-40c- thoughts?
I tried the 13x6 and its ok for sport but 3 D was a bit marginal. The thing goes fast enough with the 14x7!
Thanks.
Last edited by dth7; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:15 AM
MARCOELDRAGON is offline
Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
Brake off for me. A prop spinning with the throttle cut has more drag than a fixed one and thus makes a better airbrake. Headed out in a few minutes to do the re-maiden of Edge #2. Only mild butterflies at this point but wish me luck anyway.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
Eagle34 is offline
Find More Posts by Eagle34
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Good luck and good job on the repairs. Fly low!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:29 PM
MARCOELDRAGON is offline
Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
I'm back and did not need a trash bag or a broom to get the Edge back home! Wind was a bit out of my comfort zone at 10 to 15 mph but it at least was coming from the same direction the whole time. First flight I trimmed it out easily and had to restrain myself from being rough on it. Half way through flight 2 I was doing pop tops and spins. Too windy for my taste to try much else. Seemed to fly as well as any of the three I have owned. Did 4 batteries and each landing due to the wind I pulled off a nice Davebloomer zero forward motion touchdown. Great time and wonderful to have a flying Edge again.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
I'm back and did not need a trash bag or a broom to get the Edge back home! Wind was a bit out of my comfort zone at 10 to 15 mph but it at least was coming from the same direction the whole time. First flight I trimmed it out easily and had to restrain myself from being rough on it. Half way through flight 2 I was doing pop tops and spins. Too windy for my taste to try much else. Seemed to fly as well as any of the three I have owned. Did 4 batteries and each landing due to the wind I pulled off a nice Davebloomer zero forward motion touchdown. Great time and wonderful to have a flying Edge again.
Glad to hear it was a success. I've found that all my repaired 3DHS planes seem to fly just as good as they did before I damaged them.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Great job Marco!

I managed to get 4 packs through my edge this morning as well. Wednesday is my day that I don't have class. Usually it is too busy with thing I need to catch up on but since I was home with my 2 yr old boy Cole I decided to take him out flying for an hour. We had a great time
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
AlexGold is offline
Find More Posts by AlexGold
Registered User
AlexGold's Avatar
Great you are back, Marco! I've forgot, have you tried XOAR prop? You should buy one!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
teddy5085 is offline
Find More Posts by teddy5085
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
eeeeeeeeeehawwww just got the new edge today got the landing gear glued in but that was all for now time for bed , man cant wait to fly it !!!!!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
doh... oh well too late. shouldn't have glued that in. May your landings always be smooth and on pavement...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:26 PM
dth7 is offline
Find More Posts by dth7
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
doh... oh well too late. shouldn't have glued that in. May your landings always be smooth and on pavement...
Is there a mod I missed on the landing gear? I blew out a rim today. I didn't have any 2.5" wheels handy so I tried epoxying the wheel back. Seems OK.

That wire is pretty soft, double edge (no pun!) sword, good for the rough ones but not so hot on long grass. I have a nice field with thin grass and pavement to use, good thing.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
Capt. Roll is offline
Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Is there a mod I missed on the landing gear? I blew out a rim today. I didn't have any 2.5" wheels handy so I tried epoxying the wheel back. Seems OK.

That wire is pretty soft, double edge (no pun!) sword, good for the rough ones but not so hot on long grass. I have a nice field with thin grass and pavement to use, good thing.
LG mod is to install the wire in the slot......no epoxy. Next insert the wooden triangle block in to the slot and make sure everything is seated. Use screws to secure the LG to the frame. This mod makes it much easier to replace the wire should you ever need to.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:39 PM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
I make him concerned about it etc. but I have many many flights on my edge and I'm not planning to redo the gear any time soon. But I fly off of pavement at my club.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM