Kv?
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
I love my 2815. Mine is a custom wind but I had a 950 in my epp extra for a bit. Had plenty of power. My custom wind pushes the limits of a 50a esc with a 13x6.5 so I'm running an Ice lite 75A in mine. Crazy 3s power.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
I love my 2815. Mine is a custom wind but I had a 950 in my epp extra for a bit. Had plenty of power. My custom wind pushes the limits of a 50a esc with a 13x6.5 so I'm running an Ice lite 75A in mine. Crazy 3s power.
What KV did you go with for your custom wound 2815?
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
btw/fyi, if anyone is curious to know how the throttle cut switch issue was resolved here is the trick...
I think its worth it...
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
Team Hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
What KV did you go with for your custom wound 2815?
Ken said it came out about 1025kv. On a 13x5 Xoar is was still pretty powerful and stayed under 50A. I like the 13x6.5 much better so when I put it in my edge I got the lite 75a.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Ken said it came out about 1025kv. On a 13x5 Xoar is was still pretty powerful and stayed under 50A. I like the 13x6.5 much better so when I put it in my edge I got the lite 75a.
Man... no wonder your Edge is a dang Beast! I wonder if a 60a ESC will work? That's what I've got in there now. I'll have to do some calcs unless you've run a watt meter on there.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:47 PM
Team Hillbilly
You should be good with a 60A. Here is a little video I did before maiden. 57.88 amps on that runup. I hit 61 once with new packs but those numbers fall off quick in flight. I run the motor up to full throttle for a couple seconds before I run my tests.
3dhobbyshop 48" Edge 540 - Buck and a half Huck is ready for maiden (0 min 38 sec)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
You should be good with a 60A. Here is a little video I did before maiden. 57.88 amps on that runup. I hit 61 once with new packs but those numbers fall off quick in flight. I run the motor up to full throttle for a couple seconds before I run my tests.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psk7xySAmvs
Cool. I've got an eflite 60a ESC in there that I believe can handle peaks of up to 80a so I should be golden. I think I'll give Ken a call!!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by jcfab
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
Thanks,

950Kv vs. 870Kv would explain the 13.5 x 6.5 instead of 14 x 7. Not a big difference and only $10.00 more than the Omega. Might be a good choice. I really like the way the 14 x 7 slows my Velox in a downline with the throttle chopped but 1/2" can't make that much of a difference.

Jeff
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by keithy4129
in my experiance, if this motor was 20 bucks more then the omega I would still get it, my motrolfly and Hacker motors have been flawless.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Fly Naked !
Long time no chat. No I didn't die just been taking a break and perhaps pouting a bit over the death of Edge #3. I at long last got around to doing the motor box replacement on Edge #2 yesterday! For those of you who remember that was the one that hit power lines and then later on a school roof in its' brief life of 54 hamfisted flights.

Tried to use 100% acetone to loosen the CA first and it was an exercise in futility and frustration. So I ended up making a 70 mile round trip to the closest place that had proper debonder, since now that I was in the proper mood to do the repair there was no way I was going to wait a few more days for some to be shipped. I ended up with Mercury Debonder and it worked great. I had the old busted parts removed in about an hour. While I had the room I fixed 2 broken formers, a busted cross brace and reinforced the side plates that the wings bolt to that I had realigned and glued back together previously. 3/32 thick balsa and a generous amount of thin and medium CA worked wonders for this part of the repairs. The new motor box install was way easier to install than I thought. Amazing how strong it is even before you add the CA. Should have done this months ago like I planned. I hope to have old girl back in the air tomorrow weather and wife permitting.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
Nice job!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Just as a matter of mentioning....the "best' debonder made (IMO) is Golden West "Super Solvent"... I have used this for many years, and it does really work great.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by dth7
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
Hello, new to thread and loving my 48" Edge. First balsa in 15 years. Got back into the hobby a year ago after selling everything and going electric. The boxes keep coming- EPP 1100mm Yak, Twisted 32" Edge (for the yard!), F18 and Stinger 64mm EDFs, Peaks Pitts, a couple micros, Art Tech Yak that I gave away (only plane so far that wasn't a great value (first foamie!, lesson learned). And of course the best in the fleet, the Edge. Sorry, went off there for a moment. All ready looking at the 59" Slick that they have on sale :-).

Question- I just changed ESCs. The 45 Amp I had installed had a slight delay just off the throttle stop- no fun for hard 3D. The new Sky Power 60 Amp seems very smooth (haven't flown it yet). It came with the brake set at medium as a a default. I turned it off. Is anyone flying with any brake on? It wasn't a real quick stop (WOT to throttle cut took about 2 sec to stop prop). All my planes have the brake off but this one is so mild I was curious. I'm running an Omega 130, 14x7 APC (tried a Master Airscrew wooden 14x8 but it pulled 60+ with 3 cell and 65+ with a 4cell), the Sky Power 60 A ESC and 3 cells (1800-2800- 4 cells on this is just overkill!).

Thanks