Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:21 AM
TG43 is offline
Find More Posts by TG43
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
- When I turn it on I get a "Motor" alarm? If I ignore the alarm everything seems ok (i.e. the motor doesn't start to race or anything) and everything seems to work as it should. Why is the alarm on then?
Maybe you need to change the alarm for throttle cut to off?
Last edited by TG43; Oct 06, 2012 at 01:26 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:37 AM
arnav is online now
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
ok, I solved one thing out of the two.
That "motor" alarm was going off when you turn on the Tx when a feature I believe is called "motor mixing" is turned on (MDL (model menu) -> second screen -> motor -> ACT = on). If I set it to off the alarm doesn't go off when you turn on the Tx... Why on earth will I want to mix in the Motor with anything else...

Now the only question is why I can't set throttle kill (becuase you know, the poor fingers and stuff). I had it before but did something.

The good news is throttle kill is not a prerequisite for flying tomorrow...
Rates and expo are dialed in. I seem to be getting a lot more throws with this one vs. the DX7s. The DX7s I had to max everything out. With this one I get more than 45 degrees without even maxing it.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:40 AM
arnav is online now
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Maybe you need to change the alarm for throttle cut to off?
Just tried, nope...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:55 AM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
ok, I solved one thing out of the two.
That "motor" alarm was going off when you turn on the Tx when a feature I believe is called "motor mixing" is turned on (MDL (model menu) -> second screen -> motor -> ACT = on). If I set it to off the alarm doesn't go off when you turn on the Tx... Why on earth will I want to mix in the Motor with anything else...

Now the only question is why I can't set throttle kill (becuase you know, the poor fingers and stuff). I had it before but did something.

The good news is throttle kill is not a prerequisite for flying tomorrow...
Rates and expo are dialed in. I seem to be getting a lot more throws with this one vs. the DX7s. The DX7s I had to max everything out. With this one I get more than 45 degrees without even maxing it.
On some scale models, people mix flaps with low throttle....or I have heard of a few people that fly with tail heavy planes mixing a little down elevator with low throttle, as a tail heavy plane will tend to "balloon" on landing....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:23 AM
AlexGold is offline
Find More Posts by AlexGold
Registered User
AlexGold's Avatar
I use futaba 8fgs too. You've done something wrong in throttle cut setup. On what switch have you set up throttle cut? This switch must be in "off" position when turning on your radio. Can't say anything more, cause my radio is in the car and car is in the garage and it's not near my home
I got bored with planes, and that's what I'm doing now:
"Овраг" рядом с санаторием им. М. Горького (0 min 50 sec)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:06 AM
arnav is online now
Find More Posts by arnav
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
It is set to SF. It is in the off position when the Tx starts up (up). Pushing down on the switch should have set throttle cut to on but its on.
Basically I want that if the switch is up throttle is dead. Pushing down on SF should allow the throttle to work...

That looks like a fun course. I bet "crashes" physically hurts more...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:42 AM
TG43 is offline
Find More Posts by TG43
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
The 8FG thread on here is really good, they helped me quite a bit when I first got mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold View Post
what I'm doing now:
very cool!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:02 AM
Irg is offline
Irg
Find More Posts by Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
I used mixing to get throttle cut, throttle active, and low idle all on one three way switch. very convenient.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:20 PM
big_poppa4904 is offline
Find More Posts by big_poppa4904
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
big_poppa4904's Avatar

carbon fiber landing gear mod


been a while since I posted here.

But could somebody help me out with who it was that did the CF landing gear mod instead of the wire gear? Maybe give me a link or something. Im wanting to do this to mine if its not too hard to do. Im getting tired of having to bend my gear back every time I land. And I grease my landings too. I just think this plane is personally too heavy/big for wire gear.

Also what CF gear should I buy??
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
3Daddict is offline
Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
3Daddict's Avatar
Well the other day for fun I decided to take my plane up high, than go full throttle straight toward the ground than pull up suddenly and see if I could rip the wings of of this plane. I did this two times, on the second time I heard a crack and brought it in. The crack was the clue joint on the side of my fuse near the wing that let go, there was no wood damage. I just soaked it with thin CA and fixed it up. I can not believe how strong this plane is.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:35 AM
AlexGold is offline
Find More Posts by AlexGold
Registered User
AlexGold's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904 View Post
been a while since I posted here.

But could somebody help me out with who it was that did the CF landing gear mod instead of the wire gear? Maybe give me a link or something. Im wanting to do this to mine if its not too hard to do. Im getting tired of having to bend my gear back every time I land. And I grease my landings too. I just think this plane is personally too heavy/big for wire gear.

Also what CF gear should I buy??
Here are some photos and directions: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=357377

I've also made CF mode and I used CF gear from HK. I broke it on the landing in a cross wind. Now I fly with gear made from aluminium plate. So I don't recomend HK landing gear. I think CF gear used for 48 Viper will be perfect.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:37 AM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
Well the other day for fun I decided to take my plane up high, than go full throttle straight toward the ground than pull up suddenly and see if I could rip the wings of of this plane. I did this two times, on the second time I heard a crack and brought it in. The crack was the clue joint on the side of my fuse near the wing that let go, there was no wood damage. I just soaked it with thin CA and fixed it up. I can not believe how strong this plane is.
I'd put something thicker in that spot. Either medium to thick CA or even epoxy.

And yes... This plane will absolutely take a beating and keep on ticking!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:15 AM
3Daddict is offline
Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
3Daddict's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'd put something thicker in that spot. Either medium to thick CA or even epoxy.

And yes... This plane will absolutely take a beating and keep on ticking!
Good idea, I might slap a little gorilla glue on it.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:48 AM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
Good idea, I might slap a little gorilla glue on it.
That should work just fine as well. I usually check this area every 10 or so flights as it frequently loosens over time.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:08 PM
Motojunk is offline
Find More Posts by Motojunk
Fly it 'till it breaks.
Motojunk's Avatar
Ok, so I finally managed to get some useable video with the SFG's from my EF MXS. I tried several times using my hat-cam but it was so out of alignment the videos were worthless. Then once I finally got someone to film for me, I was using a 75% charged pack at the end of the day and totally forgot to exercise the flight envelope, lol. I only did one pop top in this vid and it wasn't even a good one, but I can say without a doubt these SFG's make quite a big difference, especially with pop tops! Seems it almost gets another complete upright flatspin while in the stall at the top. The plane flies way better IMO & rudder authority is so much more locked in. I think I'm going to have to leave these things on from now on. It makes me want to fly this plane a lot more now. If anyone else gets the urge to make some, I'd highly recommend trying it! Oh, this was also using an Exceed Rocket 3020-990kv motor on Sky Lipo 3s 40c 3300's with a ProTek 13x6 wood prop. Not bad for a $20 motor that stands up to my abuse better than the two Omega130's I went through.

Best watched in HD
3DHS 48" Edge 540 with SFGs (4 min 10 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM