Sep 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
That's what I use too. But on this plane I have trouble getting the strap around the battery because mine go so far under the cowl.
I have a plane like that too...(not a 3DHS plane)....and what I did was to build a "box" that the end of the battery would slide into, So, now it's very simple to change out the batteries....just slide the end of the battery into the box, push down to mate the Velcro, and put the strap on.....easy peasey...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
That's what I use too. But on this plane I have trouble getting the strap around the battery because mine go so far under the cowl.
I use a bungee cord with a slip lock similar to these on the slick for the front battery strap and a velcro at the rear, make life easier, I got the materials at REI

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDet...FURxQgodFQYA4w
Sep 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
I love my 1.5 buck huck soooo much. Just a pleasure to show off with. Soooo I ordered up a lil super viper and a lil shp to add to the mix. I love my 70ish 3dhs ships (Edge and Slicks) but the lil 48"ers just flat out tear it up!!!!

PS Ken @Sub here I come again!!!
Sep 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I have a plane like that too...(not a 3DHS plane)....and what I did was to build a "box" that the end of the battery would slide into, So, now it's very simple to change out the batteries....just slide the end of the battery into the box, push down to mate the Velcro, and put the strap on.....easy peasey...

SteveT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
I use a bungee cord with a slip lock similar to these on the slick for the front battery strap and a velcro at the rear, make life easier, I got the materials at REI

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDet...FURxQgodFQYA4w
Both great ideas. I'll have to try the bungee chord thing first and then if that doesn't work I'l add a hair of weight to the nose to see if I can get the battery back enough to get a good velcro strap around it.
Sep 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
Is this a good plane to start for my first 3D aircraft. I mostly fly edf jets and warbirds, and of course my FUNCUB but I want to get into 3D. My indoor foamies are fun but they don't fly like these do!!!!
Sep 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter
Is this a good plane to start for my first 3D aircraft. I mostly fly edf jets and warbirds, and of course my FUNCUB but I want to get into 3D. My indoor foamies are fun but they don't fly like these do!!!!
This is an excellent plane to learn 3D with!!

SteveT
Sep 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
This is probably one of the best 3D trainers around. Either this or the 47 SHP.
Sep 26, 2012, 09:23 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Quote:
This is an excellent plane to learn 3D with!!

SteveT
Quote:
SteveT. doesn't lie. I highly recommend it.
Sep 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
SteveT. doesn't lie. I highly recommend it.
Thank you for that assessment!! I take that as a compliment!!

SteveT
Sep 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses i guess I need to order me one!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
Yup!! Or even two!! D

SteveT
Sep 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
Anybody have a good Omega 130gram they want to sell..... I got a foamy Sbach that could use one....

SteveT
Sep 27, 2012, 12:10 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Go with the Motorlfly 2815-950. Great preformer in the SW MXS. Yea I've got a couple of both (O130's and 2815-950's) but I'm in Japan right now and the wife wouldn't know where to find either or know what is the right one (you might end up with my 4325.)
Sep 27, 2012, 05:37 AM
Quote:
I like these Velcro "One Wrap" straps....they work great, you can cut them to the length you want....and for big batteries I just use two (plus of course Velcro on the bottom)... I buy mine at Home Depot....

SteveT
Same ones that I use and never had a problem with them.
Sep 27, 2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Anybody have a good Omega 130gram they want to sell..... I got a foamy Sbach that could use one....

SteveT
if its a foamy with non-pre drilled firewhall, give sunnysky motors a tought.... have one on my 48"sc and im quite happy with it...

Quick Reply