Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
RedTalon is offline
Find More Posts by RedTalon
The RED filters through
RedTalon's Avatar
I thought that I'd chime in - I've been away since dorking my Edge last October. October! I had even unsubscribed to this thread...

I just had a lot going on and got burned out on flying for a while. But I kept calm and didn't trash the plane. Last week I dusted it off and made all the repairs and she's almost good as new. (the leftg wingtip still shows the evidence of the cause of the crash - too-low of a Knife Edge pass!). While I was doing to repairs, I installed a set of Savox 0225 servos.

I remaidened the plane today and I gotta say... WOW! I am a Savox convert now! I do not remember this airplane being as lively. I was smiling all day! I can't wait to fly her again (and try more Savox servos in other airplanes).
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
i maidend my edge today! its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
it seems that mine dosent like KE. it dosent have engough rudder and i even gave more% on the DR. maybe im just not expierenced with it yet though!
Mine does great KE.....perhaps you are getting blow-back...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:02 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
best KE plane there is IMO
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
quadracer is offline
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
I gotta give "best KE" performer to the EPP Yak. I've only flown the 48 Edge, Yak, and 57 Extra though. Don't get me wrong, the Edge is very good, but I never was comfortable enough with it in KE to try low and slow work.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:24 PM
davebloomer is offline
Find More Posts by davebloomer
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
Not to brag but I kinda rocked my edge's socks off today. Funny how different things are at my flying club now... When I fly.... all eyes are front and center. It blew their minds when I drug a wing tip in KE. This plane is simply amazing. It makes everything so easy. I flew 1/2 of a battery with full left aileron deflection. Aileron assisted torqueroll>>rolling harrier>>rifle roller>>> rolling loop

When the wind is down I'm pretty sure this plane requires less room than my twisted hobbys foamy does to fly. its a floating machine. I have got to get a camera.


I agree I've flown nothing better as far as KE performance. peg the rudder and control altitude with throttle.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:31 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I gotta give "best KE" performer to the EPP Yak. I've only flown the 48 Edge, Yak, and 57 Extra though. Don't get me wrong, the Edge is very good, but I never was comfortable enough with it in KE to try low and slow work.
OK, don't have the EPP Yak, but the EPP Extra is up there, as well as is my 42 slick, but nothing does slow and low high alpha KE passes like the edge, at least nothing else that I own
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:32 AM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Cale would you mind taking a pic of your rudder servo arm? I am going to venture a guess that is where your problem is. If it isn't set up perfect the hs65mg will not have enough power to maintain good KE flight.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:00 AM
MARCOELDRAGON is offline
Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
big_poppa4904
Here are pics of where I put my 2650 and 2200 should get you in the ballpark.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
I gotta give "best KE" performer to the EPP Yak. I've only flown the 48 Edge, Yak, and 57 Extra though. Don't get me wrong, the Edge is very good, but I never was comfortable enough with it in KE to try low and slow work.
I've got all those planes too and I still feel like the Edge is the best KE plane of the bunch. My Yak wants to snap out of KE pretty easily when I'm down low in HA.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:13 AM
MARCOELDRAGON is offline
Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
OK I want in on the KE talk too. I just the other day mixed out the KE coupling why I waited so long I don't know, and immediately it gave me the confidence to do some of my lowest KE ever. Mine now is effortless even on low rates (85% rudder). Even before KE was not hard just had to hold some back elevator and left aileron (when going left canopy in) I have not had as many planes to compare the Edge to as the others but it is much easier than with my PZ Extra 300. I have found my Edge to be harder to KE with the CG back than with it around 80mm from the leading Edge. Most thing I have tried slightly nose heavy feels better to me.
Last edited by MARCOELDRAGON; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
OK I want in on the KE talk too. I just the other day mixed out the KE coupling why I waited so long I don't know, and immediately it gave me the confidence to do some of my lowest KE ever. Mine now is effortless even on low rates (85% rudder). Even before KE was not hard just had to hold some back elevator and left aileron (when going left canopy in) I have not had as many planes to compare the Edge to as the others but it is much easier than with my PZ Extra 300. I have found my Edge to be harder to KE with the CG back than with it around 80mm from the leading Edge. Most thing I have tried slightly nose heavy feels better to me.
I find that for almost all manuevers a neutral CG works best for me. If anything I prefer things just a hair nose heavy. Anytime I get the CG a little further back it just seems to make me work harder for certain things. About the only thing I've ever like about having a more aft CG is that KE Spins are extremely violent and fast!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:44 AM
big_poppa4904 is offline
Find More Posts by big_poppa4904
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
big_poppa4904's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
big_poppa4904
Here are pics of where I put my 2650 and 2200 should get you in the ballpark.
thanks
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
cale10 is online now
Find More Posts by cale10
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Cale would you mind taking a pic of your rudder servo arm? I am going to venture a guess that is where your problem is. If it isn't set up perfect the hs65mg will not have enough power to maintain good KE flight.
if you look at the pic below your post about the battery placement youll see the rudder sero arm. mine is the same but my servo ARM is facing the other way.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
cale10 is online now
Find More Posts by cale10
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Mine does great KE.....perhaps you are getting blow-back...

SteveT
what is "blow back"?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Blow-back is caused by a couple of scenarios....

#1... your servo is not strong enough for the control surface, and the air flow over the surface is too strong, and tends to straighten the surface back out....

#2..... the you have the linkage on your servo arm too far out or too far in on the surface control arm which results in the the same thing as #1.....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM