Thread Tools
Feb 01, 2013, 10:32 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Oh...and I put my second and third flights on the Byper today, a little trimming the first flight, great flight the second flight!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2013, 10:36 PM
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
No reason to set failsafe if it doesn't fail (or at least I can see why you would put it off)... When a signal (or lack thereof) catches the best of your Planes as oppose to your thumbs, you try and get all the help you can...

Of course, a buddy of mine installed this $500 box from Germany that let you fly with two Rxs simultaneously (don't remember what it is called) in his Chipmunk to try and collect some telemetry from the field and its increasing signal issues. As luck would have it, it was a (0.90) motor stall that brought it down and not a signal issue last week...

The best idea is to probably fly with a horse shoe, clover of garlic or something....
sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is this fail safe and what does it do
Feb 01, 2013, 10:44 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
In case of loss of signal from the transmitter, your receiver will take the servos to a pre set position, hopefully saving the aircraft from doing a flyaway...As noted, 0 throttle, and full up elevator works nicely for 3D planes. I don't know about Futaba radios, but that is one of the first things in a JR or Spektrum manual...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Feb 01, 2013, 10:50 PM
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
In case of loss of signal from the transmitter, your receiver will take the servos to a pre set position, hopefully saving the aircraft from doing a flyaway...As noted, 0 throttle, and full up elevator works nicely for 3D planes. I don't know about Futaba radios, but that is one of the first things in a JR or Spektrum manual...

SteveT.
so?? it will kinda float to the ground then ??
Feb 01, 2013, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085
so?? it will kinda float to the ground then ??
Depends on what you set it at
Feb 01, 2013, 11:08 PM
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Depends on what you set it at
is signal loss a big thing with new controller's now days??
Feb 01, 2013, 11:13 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
No... signal loss is very rare but it is always a big deal if it happens to you.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:16 AM
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
Thanks quad. That did the trick. One hole in, max deflection in Tx Now I know the motivation...

btw, how much elevator do you guys like to set on your failsafes? A few percent so that it supposedly glide in, or 45 deg so that it supposedly harrier down?

Oh, the EF CF Tail wheel assembly is back in stock if anyone needed one...
I asked a general "failsale setup" question over on FG.........it's about three pages of reading; there are some good opinions and viewpoints.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=72771
Feb 02, 2013, 11:18 AM
Registered User
toolman18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085
is signal loss a big thing with new controller's now days??
Just spectrum just kidding but we have had lots of spectrum failures at our field. Seems to be an area between 2 cell towers. Not sure if that is the cause but most failures are almost exactly in between the towers. Never had a problem with my futaba though
Feb 02, 2013, 11:43 AM
Registered User
btw i remem er a couple days ago a question why one would put vg on the bottom of winfs if bernulli force is active only on top... my guess is its because you fly inverted aswell....
Feb 02, 2013, 12:25 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman18
Just spectrum just kidding but we have had lots of spectrum failures at our field. Seems to be an area between 2 cell towers. Not sure if that is the cause but most failures are almost exactly in between the towers. Never had a problem with my futaba though
The story of our field. That's how i lost my edge two weeks ago. What is it about FL and signal failures? Lately even with Futuba we have been having glitches.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:31 PM
Got the Slickness
gabrielisrael's Avatar
I do not want to start radio wars, but the only radio issues I have ever seen at the field (never experienced personally), is Futaba.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:31 PM
Registered User
teddy5085's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
The story of our field. That's how i lost my edge two weeks ago. What is it about FL and signal failures? Lately even with Futuba we have been having glitches.
lmao opps this was ment for toolman , sorry to hear about ur edge
Feb 02, 2013, 05:21 PM
Registered User
toolman18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085
lmao opps this was ment for toolman , sorry to hear about ur edge
Yep
Feb 02, 2013, 05:29 PM
Registered User
wedoitall's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
The story of our field. That's how i lost my edge two weeks ago. What is it about FL and signal failures? Lately even with Futuba we have been having glitches.
sorry for my ignorance but whats a "FL"?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 03:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 06:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 07:45 PM