Thread Tools
Jan 14, 2013, 09:21 PM
Registered User
toolman18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
The 48" Orange from toolman's friend didn't pan out. He changed his mind. I can't say that I blame him.

I was toying with the idea of getting a 48" vyper instead of a blue one (you know becuase of that orange/red weakness). I would like getting the Plane straight from 3dhs if I can, plus its on sale. Given my flying, I naturally I still fly straight lines in between my wannabe 3D maneuvers so might as well... I also used to practice the first flight of the day precision stuff to stay in shape (cuban, reverse cubans, humpty bump, avalanche, etc') and I stopped and this will be a good excuse to start to do so again.

I wonder why normally the SV is more expensive than the Edge. The gear would be one but what else?

I will sleep on it and order one in the AM. I am leaning towards the Edge again but feel free to apply social pressure...
Sorry about that. He would have sold it to me yesterday. He wanted an extreme flight 540. Changed his mind over night. he is building the 3dhs edge.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2013, 09:27 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTMich
The edge and the vyper are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Edge harriers so easily and has lots of elevator authority, the vyper has a lot less elevator authority and will drop a wing in harrier if you don't do your part with rudder and aileron. The vyper does track better and thus flies patter easier, also easier to hover.
Ok, harrier is not my strong suit so that is a +1 for the Edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
The SuperVipre is not only a very good precision plane, but also holds it's own when flying most 3D, so...as long as you have no problems landing and don't "depend" on the wire gear to keep your gear on, you shouldn't have any problems with it.
SteveT.
yeah no problems landing as long as its a regular landing. In Elevator/Harrier landings I definitely need to straighten the gear more often than not. If I were to get the Vyper I would probably have to avoid such landings until I can ace them each time.
Jan 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
If you want a good mix of precision/3d, check out the 47" SHP. The Extras (in my experience) fly VERY nice lines, and still possess the capability to get nasty.
Now this is exciting! I love that idea. I don't know how I didn't think about it. This is the other "first balsa" go-to Plane of course. My only "issues" (and that's the reason I got the Edge in the first place) is that my batteries are all 2600mah and bigger... But come to think about it, I wouldn't mind buying a few 2600 and smaller so that is not really an issue. What about reusing the Omega 130 though? On the SHP page it is listed as an "added" component but on the other hand it is not listed as one of the recommended motors down below. How will the 130 work with the SHP?

Let me check where it is in stock anyway.
Jan 14, 2013, 09:30 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
Now this is exciting! I love that idea. I don't know how I didn't think about it. This is the other "first balsa" go-to Plane of course. My only "issues" (and that's the reason I got the Edge in the first place) is that my batteries are all 2600mah and bigger... But come to think about it, I wouldn't mind buying a few 2600 and smaller so that is not really an issue. What about reusing the Omega 130 though? On the SHP page it is listed as an "added" component but on the other hand it is not listed as one of the recommended motors down below. How will the 130 work with the SHP?

Let me check where it is in stock anyway.
omega 130 is perfect of the shp
Jan 14, 2013, 09:32 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman18
Sorry about that. He would have sold it to me yesterday. He wanted an extreme flight 540. Changed his mind over night. he is building the 3dhs edge.
nw. Thanks for trying to help. If you guys are ever down in the Miami area lets get together to fly....
Jan 14, 2013, 09:33 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
omega 130 is perfect of the shp
Oh I am getting excited by the minute. Still checking stock. stay tuned...
Jan 14, 2013, 09:38 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
Now this is exciting! I love that idea. I don't know how I didn't think about it. This is the other "first balsa" go-to Plane of course. My only "issues" (and that's the reason I got the Edge in the first place) is that my batteries are all 2600mah and bigger... But come to think about it, I wouldn't mind buying a few 2600 and smaller so that is not really an issue. What about reusing the Omega 130 though? On the SHP page it is listed as an "added" component but on the other hand it is not listed as one of the recommended motors down below. How will the 130 work with the SHP?

Let me check where it is in stock anyway.
I'd look into 2200 batteries. They're quite common, are known to balance in 48-ish inch airframes well, and if you get a bigger airframe, you can still run them in series for 6S.
Jan 14, 2013, 09:42 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
wha-wha-wha. Esprit and ADC are out of stock. Not even listed on ValleyView yet.
sucks. That would have been perfect. Oh well, I see blue in my future...
Jan 14, 2013, 09:48 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
wha-wha-wha. Esprit and ADC are out of stock. Not even listed on ValleyView yet.
sucks. That would have been perfect. Oh well, I see blue in my future...
Have you checked AeroModel??

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jan 14, 2013, 09:54 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
opps, thanks. Their tab was closed back when I checked the Edge's inventory. It is not even listed there (much like the Edge). It is weird, both them and ValleyView don't list all 3DHS models. I guess they decided to just carry a subset...
Jan 14, 2013, 10:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
opps, thanks. Their tab was closed back when I checked the Edge's inventory. It is not even listed there (much like the Edge). It is weird, both them and ValleyView don't list all 3DHS models. I guess they decided to just carry a subset...
Could be, I just thought I would mention another dealer, that many people forget...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jan 14, 2013, 10:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
The SuperVipre is not only a very good precision plane, but also holds it's own when flying most 3D, so...as long as you have no problems landing and don't "depend" on the wire gear to keep your gear on, you shouldn't have any problems with it.

SteveT.
For thos considering the Super Vyper... he's my second flight after the trim flight on it. It's not quite a 3D machine but it will do just about anything you throw at it. I'll admit that I don't fly mine as often as I should be I do enjoy it. Just don't expect it to replace your Edge if you're really hooked on it.

3DHS 48" Super Vyper Maiden (5 min 35 sec)
Jan 15, 2013, 06:08 PM
Registered User
toolman18's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
nw. Thanks for trying to help. If you guys are ever down in the Miami area lets get together to fly....
I fly an shp with omega 130 and 3 cell 2200. Flies very nice
Jan 15, 2013, 06:16 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
arnav's Avatar
That would have been my choice, but its out of stock everywhere.
Jan 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
No one has more fun than me
aerosheldon's Avatar
I flew mine with a Motrolfly, that is all I use after running them. It is on a Laser now after my crash.... It survived!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 03:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 06:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 07:45 PM