Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:36 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
That's what I use too. But on this plane I have trouble getting the strap around the battery because mine go so far under the cowl.
I have a plane like that too...(not a 3DHS plane)....and what I did was to build a "box" that the end of the battery would slide into, So, now it's very simple to change out the batteries....just slide the end of the battery into the box, push down to mate the Velcro, and put the strap on.....easy peasey...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
That's what I use too. But on this plane I have trouble getting the strap around the battery because mine go so far under the cowl.
I use a bungee cord with a slip lock similar to these on the slick for the front battery strap and a velcro at the rear, make life easier, I got the materials at REI

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDet...FURxQgodFQYA4w
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
FIXXIN2FLY is offline
Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
I love my 1.5 buck huck soooo much. Just a pleasure to show off with. Soooo I ordered up a lil super viper and a lil shp to add to the mix. I love my 70ish 3dhs ships (Edge and Slicks) but the lil 48"ers just flat out tear it up!!!!

PS Ken @Sub here I come again!!!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I have a plane like that too...(not a 3DHS plane)....and what I did was to build a "box" that the end of the battery would slide into, So, now it's very simple to change out the batteries....just slide the end of the battery into the box, push down to mate the Velcro, and put the strap on.....easy peasey...

SteveT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I use a bungee cord with a slip lock similar to these on the slick for the front battery strap and a velcro at the rear, make life easier, I got the materials at REI

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDet...FURxQgodFQYA4w
Both great ideas. I'll have to try the bungee chord thing first and then if that doesn't work I'l add a hair of weight to the nose to see if I can get the battery back enough to get a good velcro strap around it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:20 PM
Beancounter is offline
Find More Posts by Beancounter
Registered User
Beancounter's Avatar
Is this a good plane to start for my first 3D aircraft. I mostly fly edf jets and warbirds, and of course my FUNCUB but I want to get into 3D. My indoor foamies are fun but they don't fly like these do!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:21 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Is this a good plane to start for my first 3D aircraft. I mostly fly edf jets and warbirds, and of course my FUNCUB but I want to get into 3D. My indoor foamies are fun but they don't fly like these do!!!!
This is an excellent plane to learn 3D with!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Is this a good plane to start for my first 3D aircraft. I mostly fly edf jets and warbirds, and of course my FUNCUB but I want to get into 3D. My indoor foamies are fun but they don't fly like these do!!!!
This is probably one of the best 3D trainers around. Either this or the 47 SHP.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
quadracer is offline
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
This is an excellent plane to learn 3D with!!

SteveT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Is this a good plane to start for my first 3D aircraft. I mostly fly edf jets and warbirds, and of course my FUNCUB but I want to get into 3D. My indoor foamies are fun but they don't fly like these do!!!!
SteveT. doesn't lie. I highly recommend it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
SteveT. doesn't lie. I highly recommend it.
Thank you for that assessment!! I take that as a compliment!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:45 PM
Beancounter is offline
Find More Posts by Beancounter
Registered User
Beancounter's Avatar
Thanks for all the quick responses i guess I need to order me one!!!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Yup!! Or even two!! D

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:25 AM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Anybody have a good Omega 130gram they want to sell..... I got a foamy Sbach that could use one....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
Eagle34 is offline
Find More Posts by Eagle34
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Go with the Motorlfly 2815-950. Great preformer in the SW MXS. Yea I've got a couple of both (O130's and 2815-950's) but I'm in Japan right now and the wife wouldn't know where to find either or know what is the right one (you might end up with my 4325.)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:37 AM
Ohio AV8TOR is offline
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I like these Velcro "One Wrap" straps....they work great, you can cut them to the length you want....and for big batteries I just use two (plus of course Velcro on the bottom)... I buy mine at Home Depot....

SteveT
Same ones that I use and never had a problem with them.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:42 AM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Anybody have a good Omega 130gram they want to sell..... I got a foamy Sbach that could use one....

SteveT
if its a foamy with non-pre drilled firewhall, give sunnysky motors a tought.... have one on my 48"sc and im quite happy with it...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM