3DHS 48" EDGE 540 (1.5 Buck Huck) - Page 645 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Aug 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
I was just recently up in a pine tree trying to retrieve my 130x heli!! Those things seem to eat up any sort of flying object!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
I don't know about soft-starts... I prefer my throttle to go from zero to hero in an instant. It's saved my plane quite a few times.
Well that's the thing, this does not seem like a soft start per say, but like a delayed throttle response, like it is not 100% linear. Unless of course this is the soft start.
Last edited by grovey; Aug 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Aug 20, 2012, 10:42 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Are your endpoints set correctly on your radio?
(I'm not implying that they aren't, just trying to help you figure it out.)

If so, what radio are you using?
Aug 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Are your endpoints set correctly on your radio?
(I'm not implying that they aren't, just trying to help you figure it out.)

If so, what radio are you using?
I am using a dx8. I can double check the endpoints.

I did not touch anything on the ESC other than get it initialized per the manual. So if the soft start is on by default then I need to switch it off as suggested.

I am not sure about the timing setup either.
Aug 20, 2012, 10:55 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Have you checked the radio's throttle curve?

Also, I don't know if the ZTW has a brake, but I had an issue with a motor a while back, turns out the brake was on. (my ESC is a CC Phoenix 80).
Aug 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
Just wanna fly!
grovey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Have you checked the radio's throttle curve?

Also, I don't know if the ZTW has a brake, but I had an issue with a motor a while back, turns out the brake was on. (my ESC is a CC Phoenix 80).
My throttle curve setting screen says it is inhibited, not sure if that is how it should be or not.
Aug 20, 2012, 11:31 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Kite eating tree
Aug 21, 2012, 12:06 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Charlie Brown would love it.....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Aug 21, 2012, 05:10 AM
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
Not a pine tree but interesting.
Aug 21, 2012, 05:12 AM
Registered User
AlexGold's Avatar
It looks like christmas tree
Aug 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
Fly Naked !
MARCOELDRAGON's Avatar
On a more serious note I love this plane even more now that I have the Savox 0255 servos in the wings too. Handling is more crisp and precise, which really adds to my confidence. Harriers are getting much better and hovers too. Yesterday at long last I got my KE Coupling mixed out. Aileron is now perfect and elevator is close enough. Never really was a problem to do it with the sticks manually just wanted to try the mixes.
Aug 21, 2012, 11:34 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON
On a more serious note I love this plane even more now that I have the Savox 0255 servos in the wings too. Handling is more crisp and precise, which really adds to my confidence. Harriers are getting much better and hovers too. Yesterday at long last I got my KE Coupling mixed out. Aileron is now perfect and elevator is close enough. Never really was a problem to do it with the sticks manually just wanted to try the mixes.
You're killing me dude!! You're just gonna MAKE me buy these Savox servos and try them out aren't you?
Aug 21, 2012, 01:07 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
Motojunk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
You're killing me dude!! You're just gonna MAKE me buy these Savox servos and try them out aren't you?
Don't worry, you'll thank yourself later.
Aug 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Registered User
AlexGold's Avatar
I worked with KE mix too last week. My opinion - firstly you have to understand plain how it works without any mixes. You have to learn how to hold it straight with hands. It's like learning to ride on a car with manual shifting - you can always ride automatic transmition. But if you learn on a car with automatic, you would not be able to ride manual. And then you can use mixes. I found that it's hard to do good KE loop without mixes, still I able to do it. It's raining and temperature dropped from 35C to 8C. So haven't flied for a week.
Aug 21, 2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
I was just recently up in a pine tree trying to retrieve my 130x heli!! Those things seem to eat up any sort of flying object!!
From the noise I heard when it hit, I thought I was gonna need a cardboard box! Broke the prop, dented the wing leading edge back 1/4" about 4-5" across, and broke the rudder top and one aileron tip when it fell. Glad it fell out too; it was about 20'+ up when it hit


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3DHS 41" Edge "$99 Buck Huck" Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 17299 Mar 27, 2012 04:37 PM
Sold 3dhs 41' edge buck huck bnf JBuck Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2011 07:58 AM
Sold 3DHS 41" EDGE - ORANGE - 99 Buck Huck 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 14 Aug 22, 2010 08:45 PM