3DHS 48" EDGE 540 (1.5 Buck Huck) - Page 548 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 10, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hm, I'm doing pot top in other way. I just go straight up then right stick on 1.30 o'clock and after one millisecond left stick on 7.30 (full right aileron and up elevator then no throttle and full left rudder). Then I move right stick to 12 o'clock and after plane in horizont move it to 6 o'clock. May be sometimes I move left stick on 9 o'clock first and then on 7.30. Got this from some video in this thread.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2012, 02:48 AM
Fly Naked !
Alex I'm guessing that your TX is mode 1? Otherwise I am real confused.
Jun 10, 2012, 03:37 AM
I fly mode 2: throttle on the left. May be I mess up with right and left? I rechecked my post and it seems ok for me

I flown my friend's Jocker (EPP plane in 47") yesterday and have done nice pop tops with it. It has more wing loading and less side surface of the fuselage. May be it's matters.

"up elevator" - I meant movement of the stick

Watched 3D Clinic, and I can say that I'm doing the same, but I doing rotation in other direction.
Last edited by AlexGold; Jun 10, 2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Watched 3D Clinic #22
Jun 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Whew... had an exciting flight this morning! I had been messing around with my radio yesterday trying to dial in some settings on a new mSRx which I picked up on Friday. Long story short, I left my combi switch (for me this is always elevator so I can switch all surfaces to low or high rates with one switch) on position 2. Well... I'd never programmed in dual rates on my Edge (I always fly on high rates) so I had never set up any expo.

As soon as I took off I quickly noticed that she was flying strange. I went ahead and finished out the battery but let's just say that my flying was a bit sloppy. I thought maybe the cobwebs just weren't cleared out. I eventually realized my issue.

But wow... flying with no expo on high rates is a little... wild!
Jun 10, 2012, 02:45 PM
When in doubt, mumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
Whew... had an exciting flight this morning! I had been messing around with my radio yesterday trying to dial in some settings on a new mSRx which I picked up on Friday. Long story short, I left my combi switch (for me this is always elevator so I can switch all surfaces to low or high rates with one switch) on position 2. Well... I'd never programmed in dual rates on my Edge (I always fly on high rates) so I had never set up any expo.

As soon as I took off I quickly noticed that she was flying strange. I went ahead and finished out the battery but let's just say that my flying was a bit sloppy. I thought maybe the cobwebs just weren't cleared out. I eventually realized my issue.

But wow... flying with no expo on high rates is a little... wild!
She doesn't need much stick movement that way!
Jun 10, 2012, 04:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCarp
She doesn't need much stick movement that way!
Nope!! She was rather responsive for sure!!
Jun 11, 2012, 06:44 AM
Fly Naked !
Sounds like a good way to pick up a few grey hairs. In my case it would be turning my grey ones white. When I first bought my DX6i I had a guy at the hobby shop help me set up my first model and he had a JR where I guess the Expo is backwards from Spektrum. He put everything at -50% for me and all you had to do was breathe on the sticks.
Jun 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
Fly low or fly home.
LOL! He should not have been working at the hobby shop then.
Jun 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON
Sounds like a good way to pick up a few grey hairs. In my case it would be turning my grey ones white. When I first bought my DX6i I had a guy at the hobby shop help me set up my first model and he had a JR where I guess the Expo is backwards from Spektrum. He put everything at -50% for me and all you had to do was breathe on the sticks.
JR has positive expo though.
Jun 11, 2012, 09:22 AM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
You trying to say he did it on purpose!?

JK
Jun 11, 2012, 09:24 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
You trying to say he did it on purpose!?

JK
Maybe. He could have done it so you crash your plane and then come to the hobby shop and buy replacement parts!
Jun 11, 2012, 04:38 PM
Striped second aileron HS65HB today. Don't know, when it heppend. No rough landings, no impacts during transportation, just many pop tops and tumbles. And on one of ground checks I heared knocking sound from aileron servo. Nothing strange in the air.
Just ordered 4 5065 from towerhobbies for only 31$ for each with international shipping included!
Jun 11, 2012, 04:41 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
HB's on this plane, doing Tumbles and PopTops, not surprised.
Jun 11, 2012, 07:21 PM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
Yep, JR and Spektrum use the same positive expo. Futaba uses the negative expo tho.
Jun 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold
Striped second aileron HS65HB today. Don't know, when it heppend. No rough landings, no impacts during transportation, just many pop tops and tumbles. And on one of ground checks I heared knocking sound from aileron servo. Nothing strange in the air.
Just ordered 4 5065 from towerhobbies for only 31$ for each with international shipping included!
You need metal gears if you're tumbling and pop topping ..lots of stress on the ailerons.. Also, make sure you have them on the tail as well..