Feb 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
3d addict
My heart sank when it went in. Didn't go in real hard but thought for sure I busted something. Snow was so deep though it just cushioned it. Could still spool up motor laying there upside down. Prop wasn't even touching solid ground. Lol. The rc gods must have liked my flying today.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy5085
na cant say im looken for one of them but thanks for letting me know i will pass it along
Thanks!
Yeah tell anyone and everyone!
Feb 10, 2013, 09:02 PM
3d addict
So need to replace my wheels as I have a broken one. Thinking of a could different ones and just want a couple opinions.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...iameter/Detail

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...r-Micro/Detail

Need to order a couple props from headsuprc so planning on snagging wheels as well. Thanks for the opinions all. Appreciate it.
Feb 10, 2013, 09:37 PM
i use dave brown wheels. im using the 2.25 electra lites. they are 1/2" wide just fits. ive also been swapping out those for the dubro 3" micro sports without wheel pants when i plan on landing on ruff grass. but i really like the dave brown wheels. they are really soft and the hubs are tuff. i had 4 of the stock wheels i broke 3. but it was pretty cold outside. havent had a problem with dave brown wheels in the cold.

https://www.dbproducts.com/index2.htm
Feb 10, 2013, 10:07 PM

Flew sfgs 4 bats!

Regardless this is an excellent airframe! With my sfgs on I liked it even more, little more crisp. Harrier landing in the snow every time! Had a blast felt great to fly my 3dhs stuff, been flying helis a lot lately! 4 batteries a lot of inverted and really getting good at controlling my harriers, even a little inverted harriering!

Love this plane, can't wait to maiden my 57" extra, was kicking myself should have brought it today. Wussed out, 30" snow, 34 degrees and 4mph winds in Connecticut
Feb 11, 2013, 08:03 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts
vgs is a no because im using a single 51" wingbag and wings is quite squeeezed in there.... and as im traveling in a bus, not taking wings off is kinda... well... i would really want to see a dude taking 48" plane, wings on in the middle of london in a bus... sfgs, i actually might try them....
Il give you that one mate! That would be going above and beyond to fly low! Do it however you can.
Feb 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
That does stink about sfgs, I spent 20$ on wing bags for my edge.., and sfgs are a psi to take on and off! But I Ang my wings in my SUV with fuses and helis in between them works out good!
Feb 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest3
That does stink about sfgs, I spent 20$ on wing bags for my edge.., and sfgs are a psi to take on and off! But I Ang my wings in my SUV with fuses and helis in between them works out good!
Well 48 in a bus is not THAT bad with a nice wingbags (apart from rush hour) 60 is a hole different matter!

Aabout wingbags... I have 3x from my departed 57 and 2 from my departed 51"... So im quite set on free wing bags!
Feb 11, 2013, 10:52 AM
And about putting on sfg's... Best 48"s is EF edge and laser is even better! Those are only planes i know with blind nuts in wing tips...
Last edited by rimaarts; Feb 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Feb 11, 2013, 02:37 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
The next best thing to having blind nuts in the wing tips (and I have suggested this before), is to buy a set of Sullivan "Gold-n-rod" (or find a buddy that has built models who will I am sure have some laying around), and cut a short piece of the inner tube, and then glue that into the wing. You can then screw your SFG screws into that...It works very well for this application.

Of course the "best" solution is to learn how to fly the maneuvers without the "crutch" of SFGs..... Now...excuse me while I duck out to put my flame suit on....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Feb 11, 2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts
And about putting on sfg's... Best 48"s is EF edge and laser is even better! Those are only planes i know with blind nuts in wing tips...
(keep the Laughter down now guys ) so this is how I did the blind nuts for sfg's for my buck 1.5 after all done two screws and there off
Feb 11, 2013, 04:34 PM
Team Hillbilly
Good idea!! So its a 49 3/4" edge 540 now. Just a little more and it will qualify for the contest at the Jersey FLI.
Feb 11, 2013, 06:00 PM
Why not....use a 1" block shaped to match the airfoil to attach the SFGs..

SteveT.
Feb 11, 2013, 06:38 PM
wouldn't these be easier ?...with a drop of epoxy to hold them in place

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3360&search=Go
Feb 11, 2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy1958
wouldn't these be easier ?...with a drop of epoxy to hold them in place

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3360&search=Go
I have never had good luck with those things they always either split the wood, or just didn't hold right....and brass is heavy.... Just my opinion though... YMMV...

SteveT.

Quick Reply