Jul 19, 2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Here are some decent batteries... not sure what to say on the LG.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...-lipo.html?p=3
Thanks; is there any practical difference (for 1.5 buck use) between the 30c, 40c & 55c rated batts (holding punch throughout flight, more cycles, eyc)?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2012, 10:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroHeadTW
Thanks; is there any practical difference (for 1.5 buck use) between the 30c, 40c & 55c rated batts (holding punch throughout flight, more cycles, eyc)?
25C to 30C is more than enough for this plane....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jul 19, 2012, 11:00 PM
Fly Naked !
30c is fine with the Omega 130, I have a 40c but can't tell any difference in flight performance. Some of my 30c GForce batts have over a hundred cycles on them and have been used in my Stryker, PZ Extra 300 and Edges.

Replaced the rudder servo a few minutes ago and discovered the top case was split from side to side right through where the output shaft(?) exits. Thought about taking the top off of the HB case and putting it on the MG. Maybe tomorrow. No recent crashes or very hard landings, but many, many KE spins, pop tops, and KE laps around my landing area.
Jul 19, 2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks again
Jul 19, 2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON
30c is fine with the Omega 130, I have a 40c but can't tell any difference in flight performance. Some of my 30c GForce batts have over a hundred cycles on them and have been used in my Stryker, PZ Extra 300 and Edges.

Replaced the rudder servo a few minutes ago and discovered the top case was split from side to side right through where the output shaft(?) exits. Thought about taking the top off of the HB case and putting it on the MG. Maybe tomorrow. No recent crashes or very hard landings, but many, many KE spins, pop tops, and KE laps around my landing area.
Case is the same....

SteveT
Jul 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm using this one: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21393
If we talking about zippy batteries, they are overrated, so 25C will not be enough. You have to go with 35C

Speaking about landing gear, mentioned above will be too little. I have this one: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4504 but couldn't find time to install it.
Jul 20, 2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGold
If we talking about zippy batteries, they are overrated, so 25C will not be enough. You have to go with 35C

Speaking about landing gear, mentioned above will be too little. I have this one: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4504 but couldn't find time to install it.
I'm using Zippy 3S 30C 2800mAH packs in my Omega 130 gram motor powered Edge, and having no problems....Also flew my 89" Slick with Hacker Q8-8M motor on 6S 30C 5000mAH packs, again no problems....The 30C don't seem to be overrated...just sayin....

SteveT
Jul 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
30С 2800mAh = 84A
25C 2200mAh = 55A

max current with Omega 45-50A, so you have huge margin...just sayin...

I just wanted to say that with 2200 zippy pack you have to order 35C pack, because 25C gives realy only 15-20C and this is not enough.
Jul 20, 2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
30С 2800mAh = 84A
25C 2200mAh = 55A

max current with Omega 45-50A, so you have huge margin...just sayin...

I just wanted to say that with 2200 zippy pack you have to order 35C pack, because 25C gives realy only 15-20C and this is not enough.
Well....I don't fly too hard, so that is probably why I don't have any problems with them....

SteveT
Jul 20, 2012, 02:24 AM
Fly Naked !
Alex how are you getting those figures? I do not doubt them just curious as to the formula you are using. I like to know how and why things work or don't work. Your numbers do seem to agree with the 498 watts and 46 amps I saw during some static testing.
Jul 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON
Alex how are you getting those figures? I do not doubt them just curious as to the formula you are using. I like to know how and why things work or don't work. Your numbers do seem to agree with the 498 watts and 46 amps I saw during some static testing.
Amp hours times the C rating. IE 2800 mAh = 2.8 Ah times C rating (30 in the case above) = 84A
Jul 20, 2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
Amp hours times the C rating. IE 2800 mAh = 2.8 Ah times C rating (30 in the case above) = 84A
Thats right
Jul 20, 2012, 03:51 AM
Fly More Crash Less
Quote:

I am not a big fan of the two piece landing gear myself. I am wondering if you could just grab say the 3DHS 47" SHP's carbon gear or heck maybe even the 51" AJ Slick's CF and fabricate a way to put it on the Edge. That has me thinking about doing a CF landing gear mod to mine now. Has anyone tried one yet? Just curious on how difficult it was. I am not much of a builder more of an assembler.
Jul 20, 2012, 05:11 AM
My poor poor planes.
Can someone please help me? I ordered the Edge recently but the long servo arms for the Hitec 65mg are out of stock. Tried calling them yesterday, but they don't answer, and it says their voicemail is full. Is there any other long servo arms people are using that work with the Hitec? Or, is the long servo arms even nessecary? Any info will be greatly appreciated.....

Winn
Jul 20, 2012, 06:55 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy
Can someone please help me? I ordered the Edge recently but the long servo arms for the Hitec 65mg are out of stock. Tried calling them yesterday, but they don't answer, and it says their voicemail is full. Is there any other long servo arms people are using that work with the Hitec? Or, is the long servo arms even nessecary? Any info will be greatly appreciated.....

Winn
Depends really on the radio you are using, if you are using the DX6i then they are pretty much a must have on the elevator and rudder, ailerons not so much so. DX7 or DX8 or the new Futaba 8FG not really needed.

If you really need some you can use carbon fiber ones like these for the elevator and these for the rudder. You can find the same things at HK for cheaper (and they come in pairs) but you will have to wait for shipping from China.

Quick Reply