Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 01, 2003, 08:44 AM
Increasing my carbon footprint

Jack Cooper's ho 229 (sting wing)

hello all

does any one know of any posts that show some good pics of jack coopers horton ho 229? i have a sting wing on order and want to make it into a ho 229. has anybody else done this?

thanks

tim
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2003, 09:19 AM
Moderatee buncha places
there are some pics of it on surfimp's site (sorry I dont have the link) Im sure he will pipe in and direct you to it. I know Jack had a problem with it being stable so he added a vertical stabilizer a while back, it seems to be flying better. I flew it before the stabilizer and it was a handful!

Good Luck

Kevin
Sep 01, 2003, 09:33 AM
Moderatee buncha places
ok, if you go up to the sticky about the slope races comming up, Surfimp has a link to the last races and there are some of Jacks Horton in there.

HTH

Kevin
Sep 01, 2003, 10:51 AM
Piscine Promulgator
Here ya go, this is how it looked pre-vertical stabilizer:

I liked it better without the vertical, but it is actually controllable with it. I suspect that if one were to seriously increase the amount of washout the wing had, it might fly better without a vertical. But truly finless, all-wing nurflügel planes are tough to get flying well, and will probably always be a handful. But if you want, go for it--there's nothing cooler looking in the sky (at least until it has to turn hehehe)
Sep 01, 2003, 11:26 AM
Increasing my carbon footprint
hey guys

thanks for the help... my sting wing should be here on tues or wed.
i almost have my leg mustang done. just the wing and fuse weigh 30.0 ozs. i have a total of 5 rolls of strapping tape on it. this thing should be a rocket. and if anybody gets in the way it will just cut through em he he he! should be fun..

our slope season should be starting in a month or so... south winds. there is a good south wind hill about 10 min from my house.

thanks again

tim