Sep 01, 2003, 08:44 AM
Increasing my carbon footprint
Thread OP

Jack Cooper's ho 229 (sting wing)

hello all

does any one know of any posts that show some good pics of jack coopers horton ho 229? i have a sting wing on order and want to make it into a ho 229. has anybody else done this?

thanks

tim
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2003, 09:19 AM
Moderatee buncha places
there are some pics of it on surfimp's site (sorry I dont have the link) Im sure he will pipe in and direct you to it. I know Jack had a problem with it being stable so he added a vertical stabilizer a while back, it seems to be flying better. I flew it before the stabilizer and it was a handful!

Good Luck

Kevin
Sep 01, 2003, 09:33 AM
Moderatee buncha places
ok, if you go up to the sticky about the slope races comming up, Surfimp has a link to the last races and there are some of Jacks Horton in there.

HTH

Kevin
Sep 01, 2003, 10:51 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Here ya go, this is how it looked pre-vertical stabilizer:

I liked it better without the vertical, but it is actually controllable with it. I suspect that if one were to seriously increase the amount of washout the wing had, it might fly better without a vertical. But truly finless, all-wing nurflügel planes are tough to get flying well, and will probably always be a handful. But if you want, go for it--there's nothing cooler looking in the sky (at least until it has to turn hehehe)
Sep 01, 2003, 11:26 AM
Increasing my carbon footprint
Thread OP
hey guys

thanks for the help... my sting wing should be here on tues or wed.
i almost have my leg mustang done. just the wing and fuse weigh 30.0 ozs. i have a total of 5 rolls of strapping tape on it. this thing should be a rocket. and if anybody gets in the way it will just cut through em he he he! should be fun..

our slope season should be starting in a month or so... south winds. there is a good south wind hill about 10 min from my house.

thanks again

tim

Quick Reply