Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by AlexanderCSD
Discussion

Align Trex 600EFL Pro 12S Scale Hughes 500E 3D

ON THE DAY THEY WERE RELEASED I purchased the new Align Trex 600EFL Pro 12S helicopter super combo. I was surprised no Align towel in the box, but I could live without it. I began the build the same day I received it. I sold the 3GX system and purchased the Futaba CGY750 for this project - which I am very, very happy with. I also added a Futaba BLS251 to the tail rudder. Also, I changed the stock Align cyclic servos to more robust torque Futaba servos that are better suited for FBL flight. I was very satisfied with the flight, stablity, tracking, and the overall performance of the Trex 600EFL Pro after I made all the modifications I enjoy flying with with regard to performance. But being that this is a hobby, I like to try new things. So I began to wonder how it would perform as a scale helicopter; mainly because of stability of the CGY 750. The helicopter just stayed where ever I put it during piro flips, reverse rolls, big loops etc.

So I decided to take it to another level and put the Align Trex 650EFL Pro in a Align Scale Hughes 500. The build was somewhat challenging because I had to trim, raise, adjust, modify things here and there (but this is what I live for), (I have built several scale helicopter - Vario, Trex 600E, Thunder Tiger and others; so I know how to build. The only real issue was that because Align made this particular Trex 600 a little lower in stance/profile than the first Trex 600 I had to make some height adjustments to make everything come together for those perfect flight characteristics and performance attributes made us fall in love with helicopters in the first place!

I just wanted to share the finished product with those who may be interested in attemting this feat.

One thing I will suggest is that you epoxy all of the joints, add high quality magnets, epoxy the magnets and seams with a high quality epoxy. You will need to raise the mechanics approximately 10mm with a lightweight build-up material. I used a light weight Nylon material. Also, I used the rudder control rod that came with Hughes 500 kit. I had to form it to my perfection but it is holding the tail perfectly in forward and reverse flight. Cheers!
Last edited by AlexanderCSD; Jul 09, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by HeliGriff
my mental eXcape!
Very nice! Trex600efl, my dream machine!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by vienquach
Very nice. I have the same heli but haven't built yet.

Vien
Old Nov 06, 2011, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by HeliGriff
my mental eXcape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Very nice! Trex600efl, my dream machine!
Ordered mine today!! Thanks for sharing your photos!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by ian145
Nice heli! I recently bought a trex 600efl supercombo and plan to put it into a rc aerodyne hughes fuselage!