de Havilland DH 106 Comet - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by brett1984, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2011, 07:51 PM
Registered User
innoplastic's Avatar
awesome!!!!!
I'll be waiting for the advance!!! and more pics course!!!!!!
Jul 09, 2011, 02:48 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
My God Man that's magnificent work Brett! You have a airliner fountain my friend!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Jul 09, 2011, 04:44 PM
RC Airliner Man
brett1984's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
My God Man that's magnificent work Brett! You have a airliner fountain my friend!
thanks demondriver, just added more pics
Jul 09, 2011, 04:44 PM
RC Airliner Man
brett1984's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by innoplastic
awesome!!!!!
I'll be waiting for the advance!!! and more pics course!!!!!!
just added more pics,
Jul 11, 2011, 04:22 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Oh man

another dream of mine came true !!!!!! I have to save a lot of money the next time. Very good construction and a welcome alternative to the actual epo hyp !!! As I get a A380 sample is it O.K to use 4 micro edf for it ?

Many thx

Rudi

P.S. Please go on with that perfect job !!!
Jul 11, 2011, 05:00 PM
RC Airliner Man
brett1984's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi
Oh man

another dream of mine came true !!!!!! I have to save a lot of money the next time. Very good construction and a welcome alternative to the actual epo hyp !!! As I get a A380 sample is it O.K to use 4 micro edf for it ?

Many thx

Rudi

P.S. Please go on with that perfect job !!!
Hi rudi, just posted a few more pics, yes i'd love to see it with micro edfs. will post more soon
Jul 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett1984
Hi rudi, just posted a few more pics, yes i'd love to see it with micro edfs. will post more soon
Perfect

BR

Rudi
Jul 13, 2011, 08:15 PM
caveo hun in sol solis
enemyace19's Avatar
Looks good ! Shame there's no micro ducted fan engines that would work in the wings...
Nov 18, 2011, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyace19
Looks good ! Shame there's no micro ducted fan engines that would work in the wings...
There are, but it makes for some challenges. I'm building one at around 52", and if I were to used 50mm Microfans or EDF50s, they would have to be sheeted directly over with 1/32" sheeting, to keep the same nacelle size that I currently have. The plane would need at least 2 Microfans with a powerful setup, or 4 probably all four EDF50 fans with BL motors. All that said, I opted to put a single fan in the fuse. We certainly don't see this plane built often, given the beautiful looks and it's important place in history.
Bill

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest Build Off II - 1/6 scale de Havilland DH.88 Comet W@CC0 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 141 Jul 01, 2016 05:05 PM
Build Log FunBuild 3/ de Havilland Comet- DH. 88/ Jim Young short kit & plans wingbeat Scale Kit/Scratch Built 13 Mar 02, 2010 11:40 AM
Contest Build Off II - 1/6 Scale de Havilland DH. 88 Comet - Design W@CC0 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 51 Nov 06, 2009 12:52 PM
Discussion Twin engined De Havilland DH-88 Comet robonave Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 3 Dec 23, 2007 07:39 AM
New in Box De Havilland Dh-88 Comet marshall Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 27, 2003 06:37 PM