Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 01, 2012, 12:07 AM

CL Car engines

Here are two more car engines can you identify the last one ?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 06:37 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
Here are two more car engines can you identify the last one ?
Reggy, I believe that engine is the very rare "Fritzenfarter" 60
Oct 01, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
It is made by P. Rischer
Oct 02, 2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
Indeed...!....and AFAIK it was used in a cordless angle-grinder for desert use, much beloved by the General Rommel troops....

We're creating myths here, don't we...? :-)
Oct 02, 2012, 03:25 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand View Post
Indeed...!....and AFAIK it was used in a cordless angle-grinder for desert use, much beloved by the General Rommel troops....
The very first day that Rommel arrived in the desert, he announced to his faithful troops - "Men - you will never go hungry, here with me. You can always eat the sand which is there."

(sandwiches there)
Nov 05, 2012, 03:50 AM
NSWFFS
I was down at the National War Memorial (and museum) over the past weekend and was very surprised to come across this little number inside a display case alongside an Australian WWII soldier.

No motor in situ though it did have casting provision for a tether.

Cheers,
Rob
Nov 14, 2012, 12:52 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Took a hurried shot of this car at a local control line meeting last saturday
sorry I did not get the details.
Nov 14, 2012, 06:39 AM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy

Modern Tether cars

Action from the Anderson, IN track this summer. Please note John Ellis, not George Ellis was responsible for thr Eagle engine.

www.modelenginecollectors.org
Nov 20, 2012, 04:26 AM
NSWFFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
Took a hurried shot of this car at a local control line meeting last saturday
sorry I did not get the details.
I'm loving the roadster Olmod, especially the matching dice on the cutoff. Looks like it was a model of a 33 or 34 Ford.

Cheers,
Rob
Nov 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiver View Post
I'm loving the roadster Olmod, especially the matching dice on the cutoff. Looks like it was a model of a 33 or 34 Ford.

Cheers,
Rob
I recognise the white speed model with OS15.
If it's not the original from '57 it's a very nice replica by R.H. Same engine.
Jan 16, 2013, 05:20 AM

cox 010 tether car

i am new into the tether car ranks

here is my first....
... and im sure it wont be the last.

spec
engine- cox 010ci (apparently about 21Watts)
chassis- sprints plus slot car 1/32
tyres- slot car foam 0.950" front 1.100" rear
pinion- 16t 48p(common on rc cars)
crown wheel- 31t 48p(std inline slotcar)
bearings-1/8 x1/4 flanged
glow- single Nmh(no switch, clip only)
fuel cutoff- part of tailshaft support(with detent to lock closed)
coupling- rc car driveshaft (cut in middle)
flywheel- bronze
body- sprints plus slotcar poly carbonate(pre painted, they no clear when i bought it)

and a short test video... need to make a tether and line before further testing
MOV00472 (1 min 10 sec)

cheers
adrian

p.s.
thanks reggy for your emails last week
Last edited by ado1974; Jan 16, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
Jan 16, 2013, 10:06 AM
ado1974, that is a great setup for your little Cox .010 powered tether car. It is loooking good.
Way to go.
Jan 16, 2013, 10:31 AM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Can't wait to see it running!
Feb 21, 2013, 01:52 AM

Dooling-Frog

I have this Frog cl car for sale. Did'nt build this one myself. Powered by a perfect working Mc Coy 60. I did polish the entire car, it came painted. I then found out that there is a very very tiny slit where the builder did go just a little too far in milling out the cavity clearance for the gear, probably the reason why he painted it. I did slide a MECA decal onto that. The slit is indeed very very small but can after all be detected. You can see it on the pictures. I do not have time and lust to paint the car again. Do have another one. I am asking 650 $ for it plus mailing cost, this is cheap for such a car, payment by Paypal.
Mar 05, 2013, 07:42 AM
Of all places to find some tether car discussion........
I used to be quite active on RCgroups with Radio control stuff but now I mess with Vintage Motorcycles and my brother and I still race full size sprint cars.

I was at a vintage motorcycle and car show this summer and one of the guys had a few vintage tether cars on display so it sparked my curiosity. then i saw how much the vintage cars were going for now ( man I could have cleaned up if I would have bought up vintage tether cars at the RC flea markets years ago) So I surfed around and found some guys who were making tether cars out of stamped metal BuddyL toy cars so I purchased a couple and bought some tires and wheels and the project sort of stalled due to some bikes I was working on. Well I pulled everything out of the cabinet last night and I think i am going to start working on one of them again. I have seen a few stamped metal cars that would make nice tether car conversions. I think I will also try to hammer out my own body once i get one of these stamped toy cars converted.

here is a picture of a BuddyL conversion http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...r-car-77951696