Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Bought from hobby king, but any packs with similar specs will work just fine! I know some people are having great luck with packs from hobby partz, value hobby, etc
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2011, 05:24 PM
Registered User
corsair214's Avatar

352


hi must buy one. will this motor work optima 450 950 kv?
Jul 27, 2011, 02:38 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
It seems like it could work!, only advice i can tell you is to try it, and if it doesnt works just change the motor to something else!
Jul 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
I want this!
Jul 29, 2011, 11:33 AM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
So get one!!! you will love it, i can guarantee you that you won't regret it!!!! its my favorite foamy!!!
Jul 29, 2011, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
So get one!!! you will love it, i can guarantee you that you won't regret it!!!! its my favorite foamy!!!
I don't agree with Dan.
GET TWO !!!!!!!!
Jul 29, 2011, 12:59 PM
Registered User
JackRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by philfun
I don't agree with Dan.
GET TWO !!!!!!!!
I ordered it on Monday night and it arrive at my door yesterday. Already strated the build and everything should be done tonight, looking forward to the weekend !!! beautiful plane !

Thanks for the build thread, it did clear me some question during the assembly.
Jul 29, 2011, 08:54 PM
Registered User
What is your AUW? I finished mine two weeks ago and its sitting around 17.5oz. I went with flat carbon wing spars ( a few others in certain areas also) and a Hyperion Zs2213-18 1042Kv. Man that is one nice running motor.

Maxbee
Jul 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
Registered User
jofo1's Avatar
Just finished mine. 420g auw. 3S-1300, CC25, Parkbec, and 5045 digi servos.
Jul 30, 2011, 08:05 PM
Registered User
JackRC's Avatar
without battery: 366g or 12.95 oz
with G-Force 1000mAh 30C battery: 448.6 g or 18.84 oz

All recommended setup except that I use carbon fiber push rod insated of pull pull cables. I cut short almost all the servo wires and re-solder it back together to save weight and make it looks clean and nice.

Build is smooth and enjoyable. The only thing I don't like is that there is no pre-cut pilot hole for all the servos so I spent a long time checking out build thread and pictures to make sure I am doing thihgs correctly. Also another thing is that the prop adapter from Twisted Hobby isn't straight (bent) so it spinning funny, will probably call on Monday to see what they can do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbee
What is your AUW? I finished mine two weeks ago and its sitting around 17.5oz. I went with flat carbon wing spars ( a few others in certain areas also) and a Hyperion Zs2213-18 1042Kv. Man that is one nice running motor.

Maxbee
Jul 30, 2011, 08:21 PM
Registered User
JackRC's Avatar

maiden


Maiden the RS-352 today and it was a blast. so much power at my disposal with good control. However I've extended all the servo travel to 150% percent (max on JR) and still feel like I can manage more. probably will play with the servo arm holes to see if I can squeeze more travel out of it.

The foil wing sure give the plane lot of advantage especially at high speed, very precise and no sign of rattle or flutter like other EPP plane. rolling harrier is smooth even with throttle down. it just keep rolling with the momenteum. 4 points roll is again precise and predictable. Only thing I have concerned is the torque hanging. It seems that rudder travel or thrust angle is not right/enough so it's kinda hard to maintain at perfect still, will figure it out later.

attached is the side by side pictures with my 33" 3DHS Extra 330.
Jul 30, 2011, 11:03 PM
Registered User
To get more travel just make servo horn extenders like on your 3DHS EPP or use the extra ones in their kit.
Jul 31, 2011, 01:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRC
Maiden the RS-352 today and it was a blast. so much power at my disposal with good control. However I've extended all the servo travel to 150% percent (max on JR) and still feel like I can manage more. probably will play with the servo arm holes to see if I can squeeze more travel out of it.

The foil wing sure give the plane lot of advantage especially at high speed, very precise and no sign of rattle or flutter like other EPP plane. rolling harrier is smooth even with throttle down. it just keep rolling with the momenteum. 4 points roll is again precise and predictable. Only thing I have concerned is the torque hanging. It seems that rudder travel or thrust angle is not right/enough so it's kinda hard to maintain at perfect still, will figure it out later.

attached is the side by side pictures with my 33" 3DHS Extra 330.
I went with the fiderglass horns from Radical RC. They have multi attachment points to get all the throw. I will can some better pics if you like.
Jul 31, 2011, 03:17 AM
Registered User
JackRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbee
I went with the fiderglass horns from Radical RC. They have multi attachment points to get all the throw. I will can some better pics if you like.
I just drill new holes on the existing horn and that help. will fly it tomorrow and see what's up.
Aug 02, 2011, 03:10 AM
Registered User
JackRC's Avatar

Problem with ESC


Hi folks, I am having problem with my sunrise model pro 25A ESC from Twisted Hobbies and I wish you guys can shade some light for me.

1. It does not make any sound when switching on. I tried to program it to no-brake without luck, it still applying brake whenever throttle down.

2. It always bump the throttle starting point, and always leave the first 1/8 stick empty on my JR 9303, I tried to adjust my throttle curve and change the throttle starting point but after a reboot it bump the starting point again. EX: from 17% to 25%

Do you guys have the above problems or just me?

Thanks,
Jack


Thread Tools