Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! - Page 17 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 10, 2012, 02:09 AM
Registered User
dynodude's Avatar
Ok, I get the lights. But, inquiring minds want to know; What are the rows of "projections" on the leading edges of the wing, elevator and rudder?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
slow but inefficient
Ron Williams's Avatar
I used the same Aurora set up on mine. It hasn't worked too well because the colors of the plane don't reflect the light enough. With a three cell pack it's much brighter but still a problem. My first attempt at a cure was to spray a light coat of silver over the dark canopy and attach some reflective tape on one side of the upper fuselage. So far somewhat better. The green seems to absorb a lot of the light too. Maybe the Flash would be better. If I can't improve the RS352 with a few more moves, I'll move the lights to my Flash.

I'd guess those little things on the Freesex plane are turbulators. Do they work?
Sep 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
For any of you 1.0m Sbach fliers that are looking to spice it up a bit, the 1.2m Sbach is a very nice flier, video link below.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=215

enjoy!
.
cdee
.
Sep 10, 2012, 11:45 AM
Registered User
freesex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodude
Ok, I get the lights. But, inquiring minds want to know; What are the rows of "projections" on the leading edges of the wing, elevator and rudder?
those projections are votex generations, there is extensive discussion about it in extreme flight 60" extra 300's thread, here is a link
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post21332229

I simply copied their configuration, and noticed slight improvement in rolling precision and control authority.
Sep 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesex
those projections are votex generations, there is extensive discussion about it in extreme flight 60" extra 300's thread, here is a link
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post21332229

I simply copied their configuration, and noticed slight improvement in rolling precision and control authority.
I use them on my EF 60'' Extra and they made a noticeable difference in the stall transition, control authority, and precision. I've heard that on some planes it makes a big difference and on others it is not very noticeably.
Sep 30, 2012, 01:41 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Gonna order one of these up. I notice this one doesn't have the side braces running along the bottom side of the fuse to stiffen it up like the 32'' plane and the new 48'' SBach. Does it need it?



Cory
Sep 30, 2012, 02:14 AM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
Gonna order one of these up. I notice this one doesn't have the side braces running along the bottom side of the fuse to stiffen it up like the 32'' plane and the new 48'' SBach. Does it need it?
Cory
.
Nope... no braces needed on this one... had mine out today, always a pleasure to fly.
.
cdee
.
Sep 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
.
Nope... no braces needed on this one... had mine out today, always a pleasure to fly.
.
cdee
.
Cool. Hey Cdee, see that you live in Denver? I live right up in Thornton.
You fly at any of the fields?


Cory
Sep 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
Cool. Hey Cdee, see that you live in Denver? I live right up in Thornton.
You fly at any of the fields?


Cory
.
During the week I mostly fly at the local parks in my part of town. Friday and Saturday (late afternoons) a group of us meet at a Soccer Field Complex near I-70 and Colfax. If you ever want to hook up sometime, send me a pm, would be fun to get a Twisted Hobbys crew together here in the Denver/Metro area.
.
cdee
.
Sep 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
.
During the week I mostly fly at the local parks in my part of town. Friday and Saturday (late afternoons) a group of us meet at a Soccer Field Complex near I-70 and Colfax. If you ever want to hook up sometime, send me a pm, would be fun to get a Twisted Hobbys crew together here in the Denver/Metro area.
.
cdee
.

You fly with Glenn, Brad, and the guys from Action?
Sep 30, 2012, 10:04 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
You fly with Glenn, Brad, and the guys from Action?
yep... friday and saturdays / late afternoon, early evening
.
cdee
.
Nov 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar

Sbach


Flying my Sbach indoor in a room at the school.


Indoor flying. Sbach, RC factory. (2 min 18 sec)


Realy like this little plane.

Regards
S
Nov 13, 2012, 06:11 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
VR Eyedoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterDEN
Flying my Sbach indoor in a room at the school.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhJiBHqg85s

Realy like this little plane.

Regards
S
great video, but I think that's a 32" one, not 39.
Nov 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
RC4x4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Eyedoc
great video, but I think that's a 32" one, not 39.
Yep! Not a 39'' one.
I got dizzy in the beginning of the video.


Cory
Nov 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
Yep! Not a 39'' one.
I got dizzy in the beginning of the video.


Cory
Yes your right, didnt even know that there was a 39"


In Denmark we just have one size..

Sorry for wrong posting.


Regards
S