SG's Blog Update - Summer 2011 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by SGTalon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 06, 2011, 12:04 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.

SG's Blog Update - Summer 2011

Been a while since i made a blog update but i have not been resting on my Laurels! (Whatever that means)

I have been pretty busy with my "non-Hobby" stuff so i have been a little behind on my build schedule. I had about 6 planes on my "Build Table" for a long time!!

It has been nice selling my Enterprise kits. Making a little bit of money so i can afford to keep building. I finally got enough saved up to buy a new 2.4ghz radio so i picked up a used Dx7. Man has that been nice!!! HK sells some nice cheap recievers so i am honestly spending about the same amount as i was when i did FM radios.

First one was my P-38 Profile -

I finally got it finished and ready to fly. It took a while to get the mixes right for the 2 motors. Just waiting for my hay field to grow a bit more because I think this thing might be a bit too small for the weight. Next version will have to be bigger... if i do a next version. I was trying to get it to fit on a single piece of Foam and use Blue Wonders for the motors. Weight is about 10oz... So we will see.

Next one i worked on was a few designs for our much talked about but never realized WW1 Combat Foamies. I did a Neiuport 17 and an Albatros - Things got a little crazy on the combat thread and it became a "scale foamie" thread instead of a "combat foamie" one. I haven't built one yet, but they are going to be soon!

The Thread is -

My stuff starts at post #43 and #286.

Then I went and saw the new Tron movie!! Man that is an awesome movie. So i designed a Lightship. This is definitely on the build list for soon!!! I have some light tubes that i got from HK that are just itching to be put on a plane!

Then someone started working on a Harrier design. I have always loved that one So i came up with a cool Profile version. 60" Long!!! BIG PLANE!! Flies great too.

RC Profile Harrier.wmv (1 min 53 sec)

Finally, people have been bugging me for a while to do a Cylon as a partner to the Viper.... so i did.

This one is probably next on the build table since it is so simple.

In between i have been trying to get the Voyager ready for kit sales. I ran into a problem with a skin and have not had the ambition to pull the old one off and put a new one on... I know i am a total slacker... But it is coming i promise.

That is about it for the Blog Update for this... uh quarter lets call it. Keep watching!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2011, 10:56 PM

The Grate Leonopteryx rc

Please check the modification, I value your comments.

Thank you
Jan 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
Are you still selling RTF enterprise kits and do you ship international
Jan 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Hi Willhew,

Unfortunately i am too busy to do RTF planes. My regular job is too demanding to allow me time to even build planes for me sometimes!

I do ship the kits International all of the time though. I just shipped a Voyager and Enterprise to Germany this morning!

Thanks for your interest.

Quick Reply