This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 06, 2011, 03:32 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Whoops!

Mid-Air Collision at Moon Port Modelers RC Club!

Hello,

For July 4th festivities, I opted to go and fly again at Moon Port Modelers RC Club and lots were there enjoying a nice humid and hot morning.

I came with my Modified Park Zone F4U Corsair foam model with the AXI 2826/10 swinging the Master Airscrew 3-Blade, 9 X 7 X 3.

I also came with the Stock Park Zone Radian 3-channel, Park Zone T-28 Navy (Stock) and my World Models P-51D EP-40 with 49 inch wing span Balsa / Light Plywood.

I took out the modified Park Zone F4U Corsair first and came to the pilots station and announced my intention and yelled TAKING OFF so, those can hear me over the flying Glow RC Airplane models that were presently flying at the moment. There were just two Glow models in the Air at the time when I took off with my PZ Corsair.

The model zoomed upwards with lots of vertical climb and around 80 feet I allowed the model to Level off when all of a sudden my model was hit by a 40 size Glow model and all I could do was to watch both model parts / pieces come down from way up there. The Glow model had a yellow covering with white and all you can do was to watch pieces of covering float down for a very long time. My PZ Corsair came down almost intact and since the motor was dislodged the FUSE just bounced on impact and the battery was saved as it was still in the FUSE protected by all that foam.

There were about 9 RC Club members that stopped what they were doing and each came with parts and pieces of both models so, we can assess the damage. The President of the Club commented on how shock he was to see very minimal damage on the Foam Park Zone F4U Corsair in comparison to the Glow model.

I took pictures of my model because I just did not have the heart to go and take pictures of the gentleman's Glow model. Did not want to have any misunderstandings.

to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2011, 11:52 AM

Corsair Fix

Don't worrie its an Easy fix
Jul 18, 2011, 09:46 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP

Park Zone F4U Post Repairs after Mid-Air!

Hi guys!

An update on my Corsair with high resolution In-Flight Pictures that my buddy Gerry (simano) took two Sunday's ago (July 8th, 2011) where we had the entire Moon Port Modelers RC Club for ourselves!

Some neat in-flight pic's of my Park Zone F4U Corsair with modified Model Motors AXI 2826-10 and swinging the Master Airscrew 3-blade 9 X 7 X 3.

Some neat Landing high resolution pictures of a typical landing!

Quick Reply