View Poll Results: Where should the Worlds 1/5th RC-Bikes be held 2013 ?
Austria 21 32.31%
Australia 15 23.08%
Belgium 3 4.62%
Denmark 6 9.23%
Cech Republic 4 6.15%
Greece 6 9.23%
Luxembourgh 4 6.15%
Netherlands 1 1.54%
Sweden 3 4.62%
USA 16 24.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 05, 2011, 06:42 AM
Thread OP
Poll

World Championship 2013 1/5th Scale RC Onroad Bikes

As most of you know you will have to apply for the 2013 World Championship THIS year at the Worlds in Lostallo.
2012 is going to be in Riccione. This is the World Chamionship for SAN Marino.
Its a unwritten law that the Worlds are held in Countries that have active drivers and that have not yet held a World Championship until now.
And somehow it seems its going to be held inside Europe for a while. The "mass" of drivers is in Europe.

World Championships:
2006 Brooklands/England. Results
2007 Fiorano/ Italy. Results
2008 Valencia/Spain. Results
2009 Leipzig/Germany. Results
2010 Grenoble/France. Results
2011 Lostallo/Switzerland
2012 Riccione/San Marino (TBA officially)

This leaves:
Austria
Australia
Belgium
Denmark
Cech Republic
Greece
United States
with active drivers at the worlds.
But this is not absolutely neccesary.
There are rumors Ernesto will be presenting on behalf of
LUXEMBOURGH

Here in Austria we have three Tracks that have the infrastructure and the experiance it needs for a RC-Bike Worlds.
We started a bit late to look into our application for 2013.
On top of that we were rejected for 2012. That took a bit of our "self confidence". We had a perfect presentation and still lost out.
Last edited by edi.winter; Jul 05, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2011, 06:56 AM
Ha, First!

I'm not sure if a poll makes sense, since every one would vote for the location nearest to him, I guess.
Jul 05, 2011, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Of course this poll isnt worth the serverspace its stored on. But it gives a feeling what people think and it is another topic to talk about
Jul 05, 2011, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
Just another thing:
You also need someone to apply for the Worlds 2013 at Teammanger meeting in Lostallo!!
Jul 05, 2011, 12:32 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
OK, I voted for Austria first, Czech Republic 2nd.
My reasoning is that last year I visited both countries, during my first of two trips to Europe (the second was to Grenoble!).
I first rode my BMW to Italy, then Bavaria, then CZ. On the way back, I rode through Austria and watched a bit of a rained race at Aigen (will the Austrians promote THAT track?) and then headed south to Grossglockner and Dolomites, final dest. Venezia...

I loved the CZ countryside, actually didn't visit any big cities, just rode half the country's small roads and stayed for 4 days at Detenice. I may have ridden all of Austria, which, along with Switzerland and Southern Austria, err... northern Italy, I mean, are my favorite riding places, in Europe!

So, there are my votes!!!
I always add the ride factor to the place the next WC will be held.

OK, Riccione is just 75km's from Greece (ehm... after a 20-hour ride in a ferry to reach Italy, that is!) but then again I might go there with a (blasphemy!) CAR!!!!!!
Not worth the trouble to bring a motorcycle!!!!
Jul 05, 2011, 02:44 PM
Considering the effort put into drumming up support for about 10 years and Shaun being the furthest attending competitor at the first 4 WC events, I voted Australia. Also because I really HAVE to race / holiday there before I retire / get arthritis / senility etc. and time is running out!
Edi and Austria come a close second. I admire Edi and the work he has done.
Greece third. But not in Summer Stelios!
Love to go back to USA again, but now SV gone, what track?
Jul 05, 2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic
Considering the effort put into drumming up support for about 10 years and Shaun being the furthest attending competitor at the first 4 WC events, I voted Australia. Also because I really HAVE to race / holiday there before I retire / get arthritis / senility etc. and time is running out!
Edi and Austria come a close second.
I also voted Australia, not only because it is closer to home.

New Zealand is a short add on for anyone travelling to Australia.

Cheers
Peter
Jul 05, 2011, 05:15 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/

why not Greece...

Even though Greece (Athens, actually) has two big tracks, capable of taking up the organization of an international event, and have done this before, with 1/8 IC onroad cars and 1/5 large scale on road cars, among others, the rc bike movement is just... me, so I bet they would not be willing to even think of organizing such an event.
There are more tracks, in Salonica Patras and Rodos (Rhodes) island, as well, which I have not visited.
As John said, though, Greece is quite hot from mid-June to mid-September, so it just would be a nightmare... Just this evening I was at the track, from 18.00-20.00 and the temp was 36C and fell to... 32C! And it will get hotter, of course!
We could -if we could- do something in April-May, or October-November but as I said... no bikes here... sorry folks! I prefer to come meet you in your countries!
I didn't think of it this way, John, about Down-Under... Hmmm... interesting... we should do it at least once in our lifetime, eh?!
I have a fear that 2012 in Riccione will be VERY HOT! Almost Greece-like! Beware, people!!!!
Jul 05, 2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro51
I also voted Australia, not only because it is closer to home.

New Zealand is a short add on for anyone travelling to Australia.

Cheers
Peter
Sorry Pete, I did not mean to do you a disservice. New Zealand is of course further than Australia to Europe and you were at Spain in 08. So you were the furthest travelled. As you know, I'd be the first over the water to see 'Tolkein' country. I've still got and drool over that photo collection you gave me. I can't wait to see it in reality!
Jul 05, 2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
Even though Greece (Athens, actually) has two big tracks, capable of taking up the organization of an international event, and have done this before, with 1/8 IC onroad cars and 1/5 large scale on road cars, among others, the rc bike movement is just... me, so I bet they would not be willing to even think of organizing such an event.
There are more tracks, in Salonica Patras and Rodos (Rhodes) island, as well, which I have not visited.
As John said, though, Greece is quite hot from mid-June to mid-September, so it just would be a nightmare... Just this evening I was at the track, from 18.00-20.00 and the temp was 36C and fell to... 32C! And it will get hotter, of course!
We could -if we could- do something in April-May, or October-November but as I said... no bikes here... sorry folks! I prefer to come meet you in your countries!
I didn't think of it this way, John, about Down-Under... Hmmm... interesting... we should do it at least once in our lifetime, eh?!
I have a fear that 2012 in Riccione will be VERY HOT! Almost Greece-like! Beware, people!!!!
No problem Stelios, just whenever you are ready to host, put a case forward to the next WC team meeting.
About Australia - I actually applied for emmigration to said country many years ago, but was politely declined due to reaching a 'certain age' (not to be disclosed). Hmmmm. Still want to visit though.
Unfotunatly Riccione may well be the only one I will miss. I won't miss the heat though!
Jul 06, 2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic
Love to go back to USA again, but now SV gone, what track?

Not that anyone races bikes at all around here...but it's a nice place

You could even race the motocross bikes too
Aug 17, 2011, 04:30 AM
What date will the World Championship be run next year?
Aug 17, 2011, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
Hi, this is very unofficial.
I found the San Mariono guys disgussiong this in a italian forum.
Most possibly: 20th-26th August 2012.....+/- one week.
again this is very unofficial.
Aug 17, 2011, 06:48 AM
COMON AUSSIES!! lets bring it the most isolated city in the world Perth!
Aug 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic
COMON AUSSIES!! lets bring it the most isolated city in the world Perth!
+1 Never happen though..

Quick Reply