Nov 21, 2020, 06:47 AM

Apprentice Beach flying

This video highlights the original Apprentice, my very first trainer R/C aircraft. It has survived a few crashes but gave me the confidence to fly after around 50 years. Enjoy the multi cam views of the nearby surf coast during Australia's spring flying season.

Apprentice S 15e Beach Flights (3 min 21 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2020, 08:35 AM
ultra cheap pilot
45km journey to watch the tides.

45km King Tide season - UAV Wing Wing Z-84 V3.0 Ardupilot (53 min 16 sec)
Nov 28, 2020, 01:43 AM

F-15 EDF over the ocean beaches

This week the F-15 Eagle Jet was put thru its paces over the seas with some beach landings using various camera angles. Each take off and landing involved a strong cross wind so, in landing, 'skewing' the approach & straightening at the last minute prior to touchdown was a nice challenge. Battery used: the Zippy 2200mAh 4 cell.

E-Flite F-15 Eagle takes to the Beach (5 min 18 sec)
Nov 28, 2020, 03:26 AM
Nice! The beach actually makes a pretty great runway; a nice smooth surface that’s constantly maintained by the ocean.
Nov 28, 2020, 04:27 PM

Smooth runway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy
Nice! The beach actually makes a pretty great runway; a nice smooth surface that’s constantly maintained by the ocean.
Yes at each tide change you get a brand new runway.
I will try one of my bigger jets there one day soon.
Nov 29, 2020, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellairvideo
This week the F-15 Eagle Jet was put thru its paces over the seas with some beach landings using various camera angles. Each take off and landing involved a strong cross wind so, in landing, 'skewing' the approach & straightening at the last minute prior to touchdown was a nice challenge. Battery used: the Zippy 2200mAh 4 cell.

https://youtu.be/siuc23qLe-M
Thank you for adding your videos to this thread. I enjoy the various camera angles.
Nov 29, 2020, 05:27 PM

More coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopyetz
Thank you for adding your videos to this thread. I enjoy the various camera angles.
You a very welcome.

Just finished the Timber video with spectacular sunset flights so i will post soon.

Regards
Dec 03, 2020, 08:15 PM

Timber Sunset flight at local beach

Flying the Timber on floats on a balmy early summer evening at the local beach December 2020. Using various camera angles, it shows the Victorian Surf Coastline in all it's beauty.

E-Flite Timber - Sunset Beach Flight (4 min 33 sec)
Dec 04, 2020, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellairvideo
Flying the Timber on floats on a balmy early summer evening at the local beach December 2020. Using various camera angles, it shows the Victorian Surf Coastline in all it's beauty.

https://youtu.be/Q0cqkSDaTpY
Excellent. Beautiful spot to fly , great view of the coastline. Thanks for this new video and stay healthy too.
Dec 04, 2020, 04:45 PM

Beach sunset flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopyetz
Excellent. Beautiful spot to fly , great view of the coastline. Thanks for this new video and stay healthy too.
Yes, a great place to fly.

Thanks for watching
Dec 16, 2020, 05:54 AM
Hi
An autumn hobby video. 3" cinewhoop Hero7 on Storm32 3 axis DIY handled gimbal. Reelsteady 2.7 k 60fps 4:3 Wide angle..

Horata, Konak Malatya :: Cinewhoop, Hero7 handled gimbal (2 min 42 sec)
Dec 16, 2020, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picagor
Hi
An autumn hobby video. 3" cinewhoop Hero7 on Storm32 3 axis DIY handled gimbal. Reelsteady 2.7 k 60fps 4:3 Wide angle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S01NeUBvV4
Nice. I recently got into FPV drones myself, have a 6” custom racing and a 3” Taycan. Which cinewhoop do you have?

The last shot seems like a DJI or similar.
Dec 17, 2020, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantAntCowboy
Nice. I recently got into FPV drones myself, have a 6” custom racing and a 3” Taycan. Which cinewhoop do you have?

The last shot seems like a DJI or similar.
I have a 3" cinewhoop similar to yours Taycan. AlfaRC F2 Cineboy 146mm . Yes The last shot was taken with the dji air 2.
Dec 21, 2020, 04:47 PM

Beach flights before the rain hit

Low tide & balmy day even though it was overcast there was minor wind to contend with.
The BIG 2-4-1 Christmas Beach Flights 2020 featuring Turbo Timber & Eachine Razor GPS Glider (6 min 47 sec)
Dec 21, 2020, 11:49 PM

4K Drone Footage of Mossy Point Lookout, Australia

Mossy Point Lookout in NSW Australia is a stunningly beautiful place. I went fishing there but decided to make a separate video just to show the beauty of this place. If you are ever in NSW Australia then a visit to this place is highly recommended. This video was made with Hubsan Zino. Have a look at the video and let me know what you think?

Mossy Point Lookout - South Coast - New South Wales | Drone Footage 4K (2 min 55 sec)

Quick Reply