Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 18, 2012, 07:07 AM
Speed Demon
GregG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRevenger View Post
Im resisting the urge to go more cells. Ill have few more flights, ordered a data logger, so i can see whats going on. If it fries, it fries, no biggie. New projects becon

QDRevenger.
Do not resist. Give in to your urges. In the end you will be assimilated!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2012, 02:11 AM
Registered User
mrgriz's Avatar
sd36 zoom (0 min 6 sec)


6 seconds of video from my mates phone , my Sd36 is really hammering , I love it
Dec 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
Registered User
guyst's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgriz View Post
http://youtu.be/jNSWxMqs9jQ

6 seconds of video from my mates phone , my Sd36 is really hammering , I love it
What is his setup?
Dec 30, 2012, 04:02 AM
Registered User
guyst's Avatar
My maiden yesterday:

H9 Sundowner 36 6S electric (2 min 52 sec)
Last edited by guyst; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Dec 30, 2012, 08:24 AM
We shall serve the Lord
kingsflyer's Avatar
Nice Maiden! You didn't list what prop you were using for the flight or the all up weight of your plane. Have you measured the WOT watts yet?

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 30, 2012, 09:30 AM
Registered User
guyst's Avatar
Quote:
Nice Maiden! You didn't list what prop you were using for the flight or the all up weight of your plane. Have you measured the WOT watts yet?



McD

Thanks!
Prop 10 x10 APC
Weight 1450 grams without the battery
Battery 460 grams
WOT 1500 watts
Dec 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
We shall serve the Lord
kingsflyer's Avatar
Over 400 Watts/Lb, no wonder it moves out!

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Dec 30, 2012, 03:06 PM
Registered User
mrgriz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post
What is his setup?
turnigy c4260-600kv , 6s 5000 pack and
13x8 prop

heaps of torque and heaps of fun
Dec 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Mugen4Lfe's Avatar
I know it wouldn't be legal for EF-1 racing, but would a 4S 3300 mah at 352 grams be too heavy for the power 25 setup or would the SD handle the extra weight ok?
Dec 30, 2012, 03:44 PM
Registered User
guyst's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgriz View Post
turnigy c4260-600kv , 6s 5000 pack and
13x8 prop

heaps of torque and heaps of fun
Wow, 5000 pack fit inside? Isn't that too heavy?
I got c4250 800 kv with 10x10 prop, I might try 11x10 or 12x8 for the extra speed... need to check the amper draw.. Im using a 80 A ESC.
Im also trying to keep it light, that is why im using a 6s 3000 pack.
Any modifications to the wings? People crashed this model when going into high manuvers...
Dec 31, 2012, 02:08 AM
Registered User
mrgriz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post
Wow, 5000 pack fit inside? Isn't that too heavy?
I got c4250 800 kv with 10x10 prop, I might try 11x10 or 12x8 for the extra speed... need to check the amper draw.. Im using a 80 A ESC.
Im also trying to keep it light, that is why im using a 6s 3000 pack.
Any modifications to the wings? People crashed this model when going into high manuvers...
no its not too heavy , plenty of room for the 6s 5000 pack , I haven't been able to break the wings off it yet
Jan 01, 2013, 05:57 PM
Boar? I'm a Thermal Pig!
Batmanwpg's Avatar
Is it legal to trim (clip) the wings down of the Sundowner 36 to fit the minimum wing area requirements for EF1?
Jan 01, 2013, 07:19 PM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
The fuse is too bulky to be competitive EF1 racer... Get a shoestring or Proud Bird if you want to be competitive.
Jan 01, 2013, 07:36 PM
Registered User
k.fluney's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanwpg View Post
Is it legal to trim (clip) the wings down of the Sundowner 36 to fit the minimum wing area requirements for EF1?
Purchase a Dara from Nitroplanes, they will ship to Canada via USPS [Priority International Mail], 35 bucks shipping. Also there are some very good quaility kits available
Jan 02, 2013, 11:53 AM
Boar? I'm a Thermal Pig!
Batmanwpg's Avatar
Haven't been too impressed with the build quality of the Shoestring or Proud Bird. Sundowner seems to be much better. Hows the quality of the Miss Dara?
Still need my question answered can I clip the wings?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Hangar 9 Sundowner 50 ARF Electric Review dawnron1 Sport Planes 44 Apr 13, 2011 03:04 PM
Build Log Hangar 9 Sundowner Formula 1 ARF Brill 1 Giant Electric Planes 17 Apr 09, 2010 10:21 AM
Sold Relist: New Arf, Hangar 9 Sundowner Giant Scale wellcraft Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Nov 27, 2008 10:13 PM
Sold Hangar 9 Sundowner new in box ARF wellcraft Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 15 Nov 24, 2008 03:36 PM
Discussion Sundowner 50 ARF Hangar 9 VENDIDO, Gracias !!! Mainland Mexico 11 Nov 20, 2008 06:21 PM