Jul 11, 2011, 03:03 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbriggs11
So Mike u like the banana hobby setup besides retracts. Im glad to hear because that price would def fit in my budget. I was just wondering because i get mixed reviews of BH. I hear their electronics aren't up to par and customer service isnt that reliable. Did u immediately change the retracts?
My stock retracts folded up on maiden roll out. Nose went then left main. Was almost at take off speed. So, I skidded off some foam from my ordinance and wingtip After that I changed to cheaper Eflite knock offs w/suspension struts.

Worked well.
Last edited by DaveBC; Jul 12, 2011 at 05:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
E Flight retract upgrades. Made ply plates epoxied in place. Used the 26- 46 size. Probably overkill but they will not fail. So far anyway. I did have to rewire everything. No big deal.

Hey guys post your retract installs for others with intrust.

Mike
Nice job and thanks for the pictures.....those retracts look KILLER.
Jul 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
Subscribed. Been looking at this one for a long time. Now that you guys are working out the bugs I guess I'm gonna have to get one of these babies. Thanks Mike for this new thread!
Jul 12, 2011, 09:51 PM
Watts Up?
remember the old school bamboo stick in the GWS A-10?
This is the 2011 version of it it

Danny
Jul 13, 2011, 06:53 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Thread OP
Pretty good idea. I had few CF rods I should have used in that area. I did use them in the wing to extend the joiners.
Mike
Jul 13, 2011, 11:03 AM
Watts Up?
Use a thick music wire and push it in from the battery compartment into the nacelles. Making way for a bigger rod.

Danny
Jul 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
Obessive Compulsive
My new airframe has shipped from BH. WooT!! I have missed my A-10 greatly.
Jul 13, 2011, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Great to hear. Post your progress.
Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 03:46 AM
my brother's keeper
Hey guys,

any idea's on how much up elevator to mix in with flap?

Thanks, reading with interest

Chris
Jul 15, 2011, 07:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpwrJet
Hey guys,

any idea's on how much up elevator to mix in with flap?

Thanks, reading with interest

Chris
I didn't need any.
Mike
Jul 15, 2011, 10:52 AM
Were all gonna' FLY!
Hey Guy's, I am still following these threads and I just ordered the A-10. I also ordered two Turnigy Plush 60 amp ESC's and two 6s 4000 Mah Zippys. I am still not finished with my Air Tractor yet but just had to get the A-10.
Jul 15, 2011, 02:29 PM
Done it all
I just got the A-10 from Banana and it came perfect. To avoid some of the problems that others have posted, I emailed them first to make sure they had one in stock.

First thing I did was to follow their instructions and test the electronics. The only electronics that came with the airframe kit were the retracts. So, I tested one....bad move, burned it up, didn't know about the adapter and plugged it direct into the RX. Going to use E-Flite .46 retracts instead.

I noticed that one of you guys used the 46 retracts, made a plywood plate for mounting. I was planning the same thing, but intended on making a flat plate and keeping the retracts deep with the plane closer to the ground.

Mine will be tentatively powered by the Stock EDF units that were supplied, with motors taken from crashed Nitroplanes Meteors, running on 4S. What do ya think?

Al
Jul 15, 2011, 02:36 PM
German Engineering.......
the stock setup is about 1600watts.

you will need about that "power" with 4s.
makes about 60amps per EDF. i guess you will need new ESCīs then.
Jul 15, 2011, 04:20 PM
Obessive Compulsive
My Kit arrived today. Maybe I'll get a chance to start assembly this weekend.. Grandson is visiting from Oregon so it may get delayed some.
Jul 15, 2011, 06:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
I just got the A-10 from Banana and it came perfect. To avoid some of the problems that others have posted, I emailed them first to make sure they had one in stock.

First thing I did was to follow their instructions and test the electronics. The only electronics that came with the airframe kit were the retracts. So, I tested one....bad move, burned it up, didn't know about the adapter and plugged it direct into the RX. Going to use E-Flite .46 retracts instead.

I noticed that one of you guys used the 46 retracts, made a plywood plate for mounting. I was planning the same thing, but intended on making a flat plate and keeping the retracts deep with the plane closer to the ground.

Mine will be tentatively powered by the Stock EDF units that were supplied, with motors taken from crashed Nitroplanes Meteors, running on 4S. What do ya think?

Al
I went with the 46 size E flights. I went with ply I felt would do the job. Once you get into the build you'll see just how deep you can go. The nose wheel is the biggest issue. Your stuck with how deep you can go. I sure you'll work it out.

Mike

Quick Reply