Aug 17, 2011, 12:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydave
I'm building one right now because I like this look and I've seen the real thing.
nice, good to hear that.
if you don't care about a little more weight, don't forget reinforce the nose with a second layer of foam... it serve a lot in hard landings and some little nose crashes...not for hi speed low passes against mound of soil (too low), as you can see
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2011, 08:41 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Without the nose its beginning to look like the german junker

Slow build on my end well post pics later...
Aug 17, 2011, 09:00 AM
Can you show a picture of the cut out engine pods because I dont understand how you have the wing connected. Not sure how the tabs work.
Aug 17, 2011, 09:18 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
@Kydave,

Are you directing your question to rajazo or me?

Anyways, mine have 3d booms patterned from rajazo's design so its a bit different.

On the original design the boom is made up of two laminated sheets and slides on the wing slots and finished off with with the semi round part on the top.

Hope this helps
Aug 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
Such a cool looking kite here u got.....can't wait to build it right away. I wish u hade it a bigger in scale, may be 60" WS with 2 motors running. can u make a scaled up pdf plan?
Aug 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338
@Kydave,

Are you directing your question to rajazo or me?

Anyways, mine have 3d booms patterned from rajazo's design so its a bit different.

On the original design the boom is made up of two laminated sheets and slides on the wing slots and finished off with with the semi round part on the top.

Hope this helps
Doing the 2d booms. Do you cut the top part out and then the tapered ends are glued through the wing slots?
Aug 17, 2011, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydave
Doing the 2d booms. Do you cut the top part out and then the tapered ends are glued through the wing slots?
you have to cut their teeth following the continuous line (the top piece is quite fragile, be careful with the cut), then paste both layer of each boom. Joining the top piece with the wing through the holes, and then paste the lower piece of the boom... cut the servo hole too before glue the boom to the wing
I need to re-build the fuselage for obvious reasons, then I post more photos about the fuselage and motor mount because is not so obvious...

good luck and post pictures!
Last edited by rajazo; Aug 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Aug 17, 2011, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdous7466
Such a cool looking kite here u got.....can't wait to build it right away. I wish u hade it a bigger in scale, may be 60" WS with 2 motors running. can u make a scaled up pdf plan?
Iīm not a friend of big planes because space problem and have a medium size car....but I can make a "gross" enlargement if you can, but you will need to adapt the holes size, and some pieces because I donīt have time to correct it.
be aware of this, at 171% of enlargement, each hole and some pieces will have a 4mm error.
the other thing is the structural problems, 90cm WS flex a lot with 3mm carbon, maybe 6mm needed for 150cm or more I donīt know, same in tail booms and fin, maybe 3d boom is completely necesary ...

on the other hand, at this size a twin version is completely posible, Iīm waiting a pair of bluewonder 1500kv and 20grs each one , to start with proves with 7x3 and 6x4 propellers... I use a two 1800kv motor in my C119 (100cm WS) and fly really good, maybe too over powered
Aug 17, 2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
you have to cut their teeth following the continuous line (the top piece is quite fragile, be careful with the cut), then paste both layer of each boom. Joining the top piece with the wing through the holes, and then paste the lower piece of the boom... cut the servo hole too before glue the boom to the wing
I need to re-build the fuselage for obvious reasons, then I post more photos about the fuselage and motor mount because is not so obvious...

good luck and post pictures!
I see what you mean now.

Thanks
Aug 17, 2011, 02:07 PM
old foamie
This plan concept would be nice to see used on a P-38 or a P-61 or the even sleeker F-5 Reporter version.
Aug 17, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by old foamie
This plan concept would be nice to see used on a P-38 or a P-61 or the even sleeker F-5 Reporter version.
I think there are good plans for the p38 (simple and complex) and the rounded fuselage is difficult to achieve in this boxy geometry (same for P-61) and a pusher conversion is near the same than "funder and lightning" plane , .... but the F-15 Reporter..... northrop, twin boom, even a tanker firefighter version....mmm really interesting...

what do you think of the broncoīs cousin, OV2 skymaster? work in progress
Aug 17, 2011, 07:05 PM
old foamie
I was mainly thinking as of a thick profile like style, for the P-38 and P-61,the OV-2 already looks like a winner to me.
Aug 17, 2011, 08:29 PM
OV-2 very nice, maybe easier to build.
Aug 17, 2011, 10:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by old foamie
I was mainly thinking as of a thick profile like style, for the P-38 and P-61,the OV-2 already looks like a winner to me.
here are a really good P-38 profile:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...hmentid=106023
or
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=p38

maybe is easy to modify to P-61

thanks for your words of support for the OV2
Aug 18, 2011, 04:13 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Very nice, thats one I've thought of building for quite a while. Reminds me of the old movie Bat 21

BAT 21(1988) Original Theatrical Trailer (2 min 22 sec)

Frank

Quick Reply