Jul 12, 2011, 07:22 PM
I like this. Really nice. Going on my ever-increasing list of things I want to build.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2011, 11:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastZeroOne
...Not sure if you are aware or not but on the main plane PDF your page sizes are 11.7"x8.25" for the paper size. So when printing out the plans there is a lot cut off. I had to redraw the tail lock pins on both sides but other then that I had to add 4cm between pages to line up the marks you had.
ohh I'm sorry, the paper size is A4....but I will add the plans in letter format (8"x11) soon.
here are my CG position, just behind the aileron servo
Last edited by rajazo; Jul 12, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
Jul 12, 2011, 11:53 PM
RC Adddict
rajazo could you do a full size PDF ? I like to tile myself for my printer .
Jul 13, 2011, 12:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor
rajazo could you do a full size PDF ? I like to tile myself for my printer .
sure , check post #3
Jul 13, 2011, 09:44 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
I've almost finished the plane. One thing that Im noticing, atleast with the 4mm readi-board, is that it needs a second smaller brace at the back of the wing to help keep the booms from twisting the wings. I can see this potentially causeing an issue when trying to pull up with the plane. Im also going to need to add one for the elevator.
Jul 14, 2011, 01:46 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
Heres what i've got so far. Need to attach the flaps and wire it up. I also need to redo the canopy. The templates for the canopy made it too wide to fit right so ill make my own. So far im likeing this plane though.
Jul 14, 2011, 09:31 AM
Thread OP
nice to see the plane complete!!! looks really good
is a good idea the second reinforcement in the wing... my 5,5mm wing doesnīt twist but flex a lot at hi speed turns and climb...
about the elevator, could be good idea too in your 4mm .... I use a 2mm carbon tube in the leading edge of the elevator in the OV10 v1 (flat fusselage), but I forgot to put again in Version2, I have no problem with this even in the scary hi speed test
maybe you will need a reinforcement in the both fin, specially if you cut the rudders
about the canopy, it was my fault, I forgot discount the lateral pieces. thanks for telling me...plans are fixed and ready for upload,
Jul 14, 2011, 02:46 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
I hope you dont think im just pointing out issues or mistakes. In all honesty yours is the first plane ive built that wasn't my own design. So Im not totally sure of anything. Im trying to give you a compliment, though it may be coming out oddly.

I put a small brace at the back of the wing and also at the leading edge of the elevator. The tails do twist a bit so Im probably going to add some braces in them. I would have had more done yesterday on it but I wasnt feeling well most of the day. I also was able to finnaly figure out a nice little notching tool for my hotwire set up for cutting channels for support braces. Yes, I had to make special tools to make your plane .

I also weighed it last night. As you see it in the picture its 4.1oz (116 grams). Put the flaps on and still need to do the canopy and punch a hole in the rear bulkhead for the wireing to go through.
Last edited by OutcastZeroOne; Jul 14, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Jul 15, 2011, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
donīt worry, Iīm happy to hear your feedback and contributions....

just a couple of notes before your first flight...
-set the flaps at zero...the wing is too wide, then it could produce unwanted pitch effect...
-set the elevator at zero angle too, but before launch, set the trim a little down (elevator up 1 or 2mm) this help a lot if the CG is not at perfect point and you can trim it again in the air...
Jul 24, 2011, 10:03 AM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
found a good image of the real plane. Painted in CDF (California Department of Fire) colors too

some history of the craft too with images of the military version.
http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircr...ircraft_id=147
Last edited by OutcastZeroOne; Jul 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
Jul 24, 2011, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
great photos...I love this paint, actually I'm working in printable stickers of this group...
thanks for the link too!!
Jul 24, 2011, 09:34 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
seeing the real thing makes it look that much cooler. I think once I crash this first one enough times ill make a full fuse one out of EPP and make it more realistic looking. I made a new canopy today from a block of EPP.
Jul 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
Thread OP
sure, this is never ending process... now Iīm working in a clear canopy and a better nose, anyway is very simple upgrade ... I donīt like solid fuse because I hate sand EPP..
another change is a volumetric tail boom for retractable landig gear... I make a fixed tricicled and proved this weekend...very nice upgrade...but the external fixed gear has lot of drag and need more power to gain speed specially in loops

anyway the rolls and spins work in the same way...
pictures soon
Jul 31, 2011, 02:26 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
subscribed!!!!

Been looking for a bronco to build and this one fits the bill.....
Jul 31, 2011, 03:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338
subscribed!!!!

Been looking for a bronco to build and this one fits the bill.....
Thanks for your interest...

last news:
-a new modification in the fuselage: new nose , 2 faces more... easy to modify in the previous version fuselage... 4 cuts and 2 more little pieces
-clear canopy!!! a simple faceted volume, one sheet of clear paper for inkjet needed , and a little patience too
-fixed gear...now I can land like a gentleman!!
plans will be posted soon

next step: retractable landing gear, a simple tricycle sistem with just one servo....3d tail booms after that...
Last edited by rajazo; Jul 31, 2011 at 03:41 AM.

Quick Reply