Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Tartago, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240
Im not to sure the stock fan can hadle that kinda power.
But it would be nice to find out !!! just make sure its balanced
Im not sure if the guy is using the stock fan...based on his intro and comments ... i think he is...but I am not sure...ill find out one way or the other

Airfield F-15 64mm 4s Exceed RC 4800kv (3 min 26 sec)


I also have several hobbyking fans I posted earlier...ill also try...but if the fms fan will hold up, ill use it since its built for the F-15
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2012, 02:19 PM
Registered User
On the setup I posted earlier with the 4800kv exceed with the hobbyking 70AMP...im drawing 55amps at 670 watts on 1800 4s..... i anticipate 58amp threatening close to 700 watts on 2250 mah 4s....

This thing will haul the hauler
Sep 12, 2012, 12:47 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Wow!

That will be hot!
Sep 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
Wow!

That will be hot!
Yah it is pretty darn hot...i clocked it today going about 83 mph on the gun...no dive no down wind...fair independent performance
Sep 12, 2012, 11:32 AM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
tengarang do think you can fit a 70mm in there if you removed foam?
Sep 12, 2012, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240
tengarang do think you can fit a 70mm in there if you removed foam?
You wont need to Chester....What I did was just use shipping tape and make it look neater...I didnt have to cut any foam at all ...it will the hobbyking 70A esc will although scoot up towards the front a bit more given its size...but thats ok for me....your going to like this setup...
Sep 12, 2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
This is my idea of what i want to do... I was thinking the 10 blade 70mm edf with a 2800kv-3000kv motor on 3 cell ( i just want the sound) im sure the amps will be lower than 40 amps.
My setup i want to try should give more thrust then the stock 64mm and give it an awsome sound!

When i get settled in my new place and get my work space setup ill buy this F-15 and give it a try. I really want to convert it to the F-15 S/MTD.
Heres a cool paint schem from ace combat
Last edited by chester2240; Sep 12, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Sep 12, 2012, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240
This is my idea of what i want to do... I was thinking the 10 blade 70mm edf with a 2800kv-3000kv motor on 3 cell ( i just want the sound) im sure the amps will be lower than 40 amps.
My setup i want to try should give more thrust then the stock 64mm and give it an awsome sound!

When i get settled in my new place and get my work space setup ill buy this F-15 and give it a try. I really want to convert it to the F-15 S/MTD.
Heres a cool paint schem from ace combat
That sounds like an awesome project, sorry i misunderstood you earlier...my bad I was working and was not paying attention to the 70mm part...mis-interpreted to the 70A..

but cool let me know how that goes...sounds awesome
Oct 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
Registered User
fellas

here are some pics of my Desert Camo...figure I share with all to enjoy
Oct 06, 2012, 08:33 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Very nice!

Now get a video!
May 20, 2014, 05:27 PM
Registered User
love this plane so much just picked up the v2 and already shipped within the hour of ordering LOL. This is not the eps foam like the v1. v2 comes with 50amp esc and 5100kv

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-f-15-eag...df-jet-v2-pnp/
May 21, 2014, 01:42 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang
love this plane so much just picked up the v2 and already shipped within the hour of ordering LOL. This is not the eps foam like the v1. v2 comes with 50amp esc and 5100kv

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-f-15-eag...df-jet-v2-pnp/
It really deserves a revisit. I'm lacking a small jet. Good tip!
May 21, 2014, 02:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
It really deserves a revisit. I'm lacking a small jet. Good tip!
one of the best imho
May 27, 2014, 11:56 PM
Registered User
She arrived today, took 45 mins exactly to put together while talking with my wife explaining to her why there is a new plane on my workbench, still have to install the rear elevator linkages but other than that shes drying up and ready for power up and final adjustments....maiden Saturday
May 28, 2014, 05:04 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Woohoo!

The explaining part becomes more and more difficult, especially after moving to a new flat, when the secret stash is exposed!

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Brand New F-15 Strike Eagle RTF w/ Brushless Ducted Turbo Fan with Retracks RAM-THIS Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jan 04, 2009 11:50 AM
Video F-15 Strike Eagle gooseman Electric Plane Talk 2 Feb 01, 2008 04:53 PM
Sold EAM F-15 Strike Eagle netmechanic Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Jul 14, 2006 09:58 AM
FS Green Air Designs F-15 Strike Eagle charlie hepler Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Jan 25, 2005 11:26 PM