New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tartago, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by Tartago
Plane crazy
Discussion

HK Lander Hawker Hunter

Got mine yesterday and after a building frenzy I completed her in 2.5 hs.

First impressions:

- Beautyful!!! She seems to be flying at high speed even on my table.
- HD EPS, is not EPO, they call it SEPO (Super EPO) but is EPS, so don't use regular CA.
- The packaging is not the best. One wing tip/aileron and the tailpipe were slightly damaged.
- Is not PNF. Some assembly required. Even you need to cut and set the decals. Not big deal.
- LG already in place and looking gooood.
- Overall paint quality: Very good.
- Lower nose section is 2mm wider than the top. I didn't notice this and ended with a white lip I had to hide with green paint.
- Control horns: No screws. They have strange toothpicks to pierce the foam and need to be secured with epoxy.
- Control horns location no marked. You need to trial fit a couple of times to be sure that the holes are aligned with the hinge line.
- The wings are "removable" after removing 10 screws and a belly hatch.
- Flaps/airbrakes hinges not glued. CA them before anything.

Its a Big Beautyful plane. Sleek fuse, swept wings forecasts a fast beast.
I'll maiden her soon.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by Tartago
Plane crazy
The only weakness is the EDF motor, everyone's got fried after 6 to 8 flights only.

Lander QC sucked this time.