Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:39 PM
Jim Lee is offline
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
Jim Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I have been looking at the Oasis. However there are no videos that I could find. Plus the only review I could find was good but he hadn't flown it yet. Plus with the Super Vyper only being $20 more after shipping I figured I shouldn't take the chance.
Since 3dhs has discontinued the baby O. It looks like the Super Vyper is the way to go.

J
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:42 PM
FlyWW1 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
That Oasis is tempting though. Nice price that's for sure. Looks pretty good too.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:11 PM
whyrudy is offline
Find More Posts by whyrudy
¿Por Qué No?
Esprit wrote today per the 47" Osiris:
We are expecting these mid March.
Thank You
Mike
_________________________
ADC Hobby wrote today per the 47" Osiris:
Subject: 47" Osiris

We were hoping to have them on the 11th when other things were coming, but it looks like they were still in production overseas, so guess is about 4-6 weeks +/-

Sincerely,
ADC Hobby Store
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:18 PM
FlyWW1 is offline
Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Don't hold your breathe. Obviously it's a 3DHS plane and ADC is just a supplier. If 3DHS is saying they are not coming back then I'd go with that. I guess there is always the possibility whoever answered me at 3DHS didn't know what they were talking about. I doubt it though.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:41 AM
jimmy34256 is offline
Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Destructive Tester
jimmy34256's Avatar

NIB 47" Red Osiris


.....never mind, can't find the freakin hardware
Last edited by jimmy34256; Feb 09, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:30 AM
DeuceTrinal is offline
Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Landings are not optional
DeuceTrinal's Avatar
I have a new in box 47" osiris in blue that I am going to sell. Too many planes, too little time, and I need new tools. It's brand new, I took the fuse out of the plastic once to take pics of the motor box for another forum member. I'm looking for $210 shipped. Figured I'd post here before the classifieds. Please post here AND PM me if you want it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:05 PM
hhrhodes is offline
Find More Posts by hhrhodes
Rhodstr
hhrhodes's Avatar

Baby Osiris


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTrinal View Post
I have a new in box 47" osiris in blue that I am going to sell. Too many planes, too little time, and I need new tools. It's brand new, I took the fuse out of the plastic once to take pics of the motor box for another forum member. I'm looking for $210 shipped. Figured I'd post here before the classifieds. Please post here AND PM me if you want it.
PM sent
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:54 PM
hhrhodes is offline
Find More Posts by hhrhodes
Rhodstr
hhrhodes's Avatar

Baby Osiris


I'm not sure my message went out the frst time sice I didn't see it in my message folder. New to RCGroups. If this is a repeat sorry.

I am interested in the Baby Osiris. $210 shipped to PA. Do you take Paypal?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:44 PM
DeuceTrinal is offline
Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Landings are not optional
DeuceTrinal's Avatar
Got a couple of PMs, so it's probably sold. Thanks guys!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:12 PM
mazjag is offline
Find More Posts by mazjag
Registered User
That`s bummer...Its a sweet flying plane. That must have been a close out price not a F3A discount..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
dgfinch is offline
Find More Posts by dgfinch
Registered User

What are you going to replace it with?


Since 3DHS is discontinuing the 47" Osiris it is time to find and alternative.

What are YOU going to replace it with?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:02 PM
mazjag is offline
Find More Posts by mazjag
Registered User
Yeah, the 47" is done. I checked with them today...He said they will do the best they can with parts for the next year or so...The obvious replacement for the 47" is http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/vanquishmkII.html

I`m sure it flys just as good and all the electronics swap over...I think it looks better..He did say they weren`t stopping production on the 62" and its still going.. I wouldn`t be surprised to see 3DHS bring out a low cost 2M F3A plane..Extreme Flight already has one..If you call 650.00 cheap...I guess for a 2 meter it is..
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:00 PM
dgfinch is offline
Find More Posts by dgfinch
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
Yeah, the 47" is done. I checked with them today...He said they will do the best they can with parts for the next year or so...The obvious replacement for the 47" is http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/vanquishmkII.html

I`m sure it flys just as good and all the electronics swap over...I think it looks better..He did say they weren`t stopping production on the 62" and its still going.. I wouldn`t be surprised to see 3DHS bring out a low cost 2M F3A plane..Extreme Flight already has one..If you call 650.00 cheap...I guess for a 2 meter it is..
'course the Vanquish is out of stock too....
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:27 PM
Jim Lee is offline
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
Jim Lee's Avatar

Where have they all gone?


It seems that the trend is towards a little larger pattern ship, Fliton built some very good pattern ships, Light and they flew well. The 30 size Element had a very striking covering job. It's no longer available. The Fliton Prodigy was a little smaller, A 10e size, I retired mine and it's still hanging in the garage. I also retired my Hyperion Helios 10e, 25e, and My Extreme Flight Version 1 Vanquish.

I'm still flying a Super Taiji, 40 (52" WingSpan) and the 62" and 47" Osiris.

There's several Foam Pattern Ships that are available, in the 54" WingSpan range.They won't break the bank either as there're both under $70.00 ea. First there's the Rainbow A388, (one of my flying buddies has one of these) And secondly the Firenza F3A which, to me is just a copy of the RainBow. altho the Firenza is about $8.00 less expensive than the Rainbow. There's also a 50" Sequence which is a decent flying pattern plane. So there are some mid-size pattern planes available.

I was over joyed when 3dhs announced that they were coming out with a smaller pattern plane after the 62" Osiris, I was hoping it would be in the 52" to 54" range, But they went with the 47" Osiris. It's a decent flying pattern plane and I really enjoy flying mine, So I doubt that it will become a hanger Queen anytime soon.

I realize that in the scheme of things, That small or mid size pattern planes arn't a great part of the RC market. Not a lot of profit to be made. So, I commend the company's that have tried to provide a plane that only appeals to a very small part of the RC market. Hopefully, They will continue to do so.

J
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:50 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
It seems that the trend is towards a little larger pattern ship, Fliton built some very good pattern ships, Light and they flew well. The 30 size Element had a very striking covering job. It's no longer available. The Fliton Prodigy was a little smaller, A 10e size, I retired mine and it's still hanging in the garage. I also retired my Hyperion Helios 10e, 25e, and My Extreme Flight Version 1 Vanquish.

I'm still flying a Super Taiji, 40 (52" WingSpan) and the 62" and 47" Osiris.

There's several Foam Pattern Ships that are available, in the 54" WingSpan range.They won't break the bank either as there're both under $70.00 ea. First there's the Rainbow A388, (one of my flying buddies has one of these) And secondly the Firenza F3A which, to me is just a copy of the RainBow. altho the Firenza is about $8.00 less expensive than the Rainbow. There's also a 50" Sequence which is a decent flying pattern plane. So there are some mid-size pattern planes available.

I was over joyed when 3dhs announced that they were coming out with a smaller pattern plane after the 62" Osiris, I was hoping it would be in the 52" to 54" range, But they went with the 47" Osiris. It's a decent flying pattern plane and I really enjoy flying mine, So I doubt that it will become a hanger Queen anytime soon.

I realize that in the scheme of things, That small or mid size pattern planes arn't a great part of the RC market. Not a lot of profit to be made. So, I commend the company's that have tried to provide a plane that only appeals to a very small part of the RC market. Hopefully, They will continue to do so.

J
I agree, not a big market, I love my baby O and might get the 62", but you can tell it is a small part of the business, plus they fly so good and land so easy you tend to never crash and thus never need spare parts.

there is the new splendor
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ology-EFL10250


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS OSIRIS RTF, Hacker, ICE 100, Servo's. funflyr Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Mar 27, 2012 10:07 PM
For Sale 3DHS 62" Osiris Blue BNF bjohnson80 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Mar 14, 2012 11:56 PM
Discussion 3D Hobby Shop 47" Osiris flipteg 3D Flying 12 Jul 21, 2011 09:36 PM
Discussion 3dhs 47" extra cowl dimensions needed kaker123 3D Flying 3 Jun 28, 2011 04:03 PM