Feb 10, 2012, 04:32 PM
ADC Vinyl
Quote:
Originally Posted by earp
I have been putting in the flights for practice. Its very demanding, but rewarding. The threshold (myself) for "competence" with the entire sequence is at least a hundred flights.
Any similar results?
My goal is to compete next season in a few events in district 3 with the Osirius 62".
I looked at the sequence sheets.....then decided I'm flying Basic for another year LOL
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2012, 03:08 PM
Jonny D
On the 47" Osiris.... its calling for a 40mm/1.5" spinner.
I have a really nice 45mm 1-3/4"... would that work or would it be to large? look funny. I like things to match but if i can use this spinner would be cool to..

Thanks!!!
Feb 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
AMA # 75962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70
On the 47" Osiris.... its calling for a 40mm/1.5" spinner.
I have a really nice 45mm 1-3/4"... would that work or would it be to large? look funny. I like things to match but if i can use this spinner would be cool to..

Thanks!!!
A 45mm spinner would overhang the cowling.

Here's the one that I used on my Osiris.

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-61...r--dsh-/Detail
http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-62...er-40mm/Detail

J
Feb 14, 2012, 08:17 PM
Jonny D
ok 40mm it is!

I ordered the Blue 47" Osiris just a little while ago! Sooooo excited !!
Feb 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
AMA # 75962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70
ok 40mm it is!

I ordered the Blue 47" Osiris just a little while ago! Sooooo excited !!
Me Too, Because your're not gong to believe how well this little Osiris flys.

J
Feb 15, 2012, 05:59 PM
Jonny D
I just ordered a Second one... back up!
Mar 09, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mine Showed up today... got it unpacked and fitted together, everything looks good. My wife even started making graphics for it.

Quick question, the wing tube was an exceptionally tight fit, it took some work and time to allow it to slide freely into the socket, is this normal on this airplane?

Update: Well aparently I did not have it moving as freely as I thought, while it slid in and out smooth before assembly, the wing is now stuck. Any ideas on how to get the wing tube to slide in the socket without damaging anything?
Last edited by jhatton; Mar 09, 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Mar 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
AMA # 75962
Hi jhatton,
This issue has been brought up also on other planes and it seems that the majority favored using 600 grit sandpaper to smooth out the wing tube so that it would fit.

I have both the 62" and the 47" Osiris and when the 62' was new, The wing tube was a rather tight fit. After numerous flights the tube loosened up slightly. So you would not want to get it too loose by sanding, You only want to get it to slide all the way into the wing. There should be some drag when you are assembling and dis-assembling the wing.

J
Mar 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
Built a 47" that I picked-up at the WRAM show. Used a dry teflon lubricant inside the tubes on the wings. Works perfect every time and no sanding needed. If it gets tight again, I'll just add a little more powder. Have used this lube for 2 years now. Good stuff. Good Flying! Dana
Mar 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
You might want to try waxing the tube with car wax. Be careful of splinters.
Mar 10, 2012, 06:58 PM
Advocating for RC Aviation
Maidened the 47" today. Another excellent ARF from 3DHS! I flew it 4 times and it is in basic trim and terrific to fly. I almost forgot I wasn't flying the 62"! Seriously I don't know why I put up with flying some of the other crummy models I have hogging hangar space in the garage LOL!
Mar 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cant fly enough
Well mine has been together for a while. But between weather and travel I have not yet flown it. I recently downloaded this model of its big brother for the RealFlight simulator http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...=file&id=14724. I was wondering how well it matches the real thing. Has anyone tried it?
Last edited by Greg Beshouri; Mar 11, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Mar 11, 2012, 11:57 PM
AMA # 75962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Beshouri
Well mine has been together for a while. But between weather and travel I have not yet flown it. I recently downloaded this model of its big brother for the RealFlight simulator http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...=file&id=14724. I was wondering how well it matches the real thing. Has anyone tried it?
I've got it downloaded to my Realflight Sim and I like the way it flys. The real one flys better, But that is to be expected. I also have a couple of 2 meter planes downloaded, The Pinnacle and The Krill Spark. The 62" Osiris is derived from the Krill Spark.

The 2 Meter planes fly better than the 62" Osiris, But that is to be expected.

Download the 2 Meter planes that I mentioned and see if you like the way that they fly.

All 3 planes are capable of the full spectrum of Pattern maneuvers.

J
Mar 12, 2012, 10:23 AM
Cant fly enough
Thanks Jim.

I thought the 62" Osiris in the simulation flew great. In partiular I was impressed with the amount of rudder authority. Is that realistic?

If the 47" flies as good as the similaiton I will be real happy!
Mar 12, 2012, 11:23 AM
AMA # 75962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Beshouri
Thanks Jim.

I thought the 62" Osiris in the simulation flew great. In partiular I was impressed with the amount of rudder authority. Is that realistic?

If the 47" flies as good as the similaiton I will be real happy!
Yes, The Osiris has a lot of rudder authority. The 47" also is a blast to fly. I take both of them to the field and when the other fliers see the 47" Osiris fly, they can't belive that it's not the 62" Osiris.

J
Last edited by Jim Lee; Mar 12, 2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: edited text

Quick Reply