Jun 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Thread OP
Cool

New E-flite Cessna 150 Aerobat ARF

This looks really cool. I'm liking this general avaition kick that E-flite seems to be on. The video makes it look like it will do some nice scale aerobatics. Should be fun!

Andy

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview

to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2011, 09:30 AM
Is it summer yet?
Love it!! Perfect size, balsa construction and a reasonable price. One will be on backorder very soon.
Jun 30, 2011, 04:08 PM
BAJAPIT
I love it my self. I got my private in a 1976 Cessna 150. Back in 1976. I wish they would do the Cessna 172 Skyhawk in Platinum series.
Jul 02, 2011, 07:40 AM
This will be my next plane!
Jul 03, 2011, 11:56 PM

Cessna Aerobat

Great looking scale Cessna 150 Aerobat. The airplane looks like it should be fun to fly but the wheel pants might have to be removed on grass runways. Nose gear steering might be not be fun steering on grass. Nice scale markings and battery access.

Here is the full scale airplane with the same tail number:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessn...e:%3Cbr%20/%3E
Jul 04, 2011, 02:47 AM
Thats awsome, seeing the scale airplane like that. It looks like its got an oli leak judging from the nosewheel pants.
I agree, the wheel pants may have to come off the model for grass runways.
Jul 04, 2011, 12:56 PM
"Scale aerobatics" would necessitate the use of a battery about twice the weight, and a motor of about half the performance, of that which E-flite reccommends. Still, I can see where this will have some appeal.
Jul 04, 2011, 04:32 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
David Payne, the developer on this project, and his father owned this very airplane when David was a kid. It's not often a developer gets to model a plane with such a close personal connection.
Jul 04, 2011, 04:48 PM
It's about time someone had enough sense to do the most produced and loved little Cessna in the world. Congradulations E-flite!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling David was the designer. I have ordered two myself. He did a VERY good job with the lines on this Cessna. I am stoked on the aerobat scheme as well. One of my favorites. Great Job Horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 05, 2011, 05:51 PM

Cessna Aerobat

Mr Eichstedt you might want to click on the link to the full scale Cessna Aerobat photo in my reply.
Its the full scale airplane that EFlite Modeled the airplane after in the photo. The tail number is the same on the EFlite Cessna Aerobat.

Chris
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Jul 05, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Jul 05, 2011, 07:12 PM
This will be a nice addition to my parkflyer fleet! Of course I'll toss the nose gear and make it a "Texas Taildragger"!

Randy
Jul 05, 2011, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC
Mr Eichstedt you might want to click on the link to the full scale Cessna Aerobat photo in my reply.
Its the full scale airplane that EFlite Modeled the airplane after in the photo. The tail number is the same on the EFlite Cessna Aerobat.

Chris
What??????????????????????
Jul 05, 2011, 09:59 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC

Chris
Chris,

Yes, the airplane is still around. David's father sold the airplane a while ago, so it has passed on to other owners. But when David was young, it belonged to his family.

E-flite belongs to Horizon Hobby; David and I both work for Horizon. We are the ones who chose this subject, including the trim scheme, and brought it to life.
Jul 05, 2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranfred Radius
This will be a nice addition to my parkflyer fleet! Of course I'll toss the nose gear and make it a "Texas Taildragger"!

Randy
I ordered one and was planning on the texas taildragger myself but not sure how it will work after seeing the battery door..
Jul 06, 2011, 03:11 AM

Cessna Aerobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan
What??????????????????????
Scott you can click on the link from Airliners.net 5 posts above this one. It has a photo of the Cessna Aerobat with the same tail number.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessn...e:%3Cbr%20/%3E.

I was sending the message to Mr Eichsted above your message. You can check out the link for the actual airplane.

Chris
Last edited by ChrisFlysRC; Jul 06, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Quick Reply