Thread Tools
Jul 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
Registered User
AvistarAddict's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
With optional floats - like a Beaver!

Gene K
Yes! I'd buy a UM Float plane.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvistarAddict View Post
Yes! I'd buy a UM Float plane.
There were a couple threads discussing floats for the Champ - the best, IMHO, being this one: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1274849 .

Unfortunately, Jin's production run was rather short - the floats were excellent in all respects, and the workmanship in the mounting system had to be seen to be believed - so very precise.

Here's a link to meatbomber's Beaver video - unfortunately his build is lost in a huge thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post11843948. Several posts later, he shows it on water.

Yeah, I'd buy a couple of those!!

Gene K
Jul 15, 2011, 12:50 PM
Registered User
I called my LHS the guy didn't really have any idea about when he was getting them in, he thinks last August so I called HH. They told me they should be in stock no later than Tuesday, and rumor has it there is another UM release expected by Parkzone next Thursday.
Jul 15, 2011, 06:11 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danegerous View Post
and rumor has it there is another UM release expected by Parkzone next Thursday.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1471570

cheers chuck
Jul 15, 2011, 10:29 PM
Registered User
Chuck have you been able to fly your Pole Cat yet? I am interested in hearing your thoughts on how it flies.
Jul 15, 2011, 11:12 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danegerous View Post
Chuck have you been able to fly your Pole Cat yet? I am interested in hearing your thoughts on how it flies.
Parkzone UMS Pole Cat (15 min 31 sec)


cheers chuck
Jul 16, 2011, 11:32 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Olias's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danegerous View Post
I called my LHS the guy didn't really have any idea about when he was getting them in, he thinks last August so I called HH. They told me they should be in stock no later than Tuesday, and rumor has it there is another UM release expected by Parkzone next Thursday.
Hmmm...interesting news since HH just updated their website yesterday under the Pole Cat listing with the availability now saying "Due early August". It just doesn't make sense for them to post "Due early August" if it really will be available for sale next Tuesday as that would cause HH to potentially miss out on some early sales from folks thinking hmmm....ok, I'll wait until August to check back in and think about ordering one then. Follow? Me thinks you got some bum info. from a flunkie at HH that really doesn't know what's going on with all their different new products.
Last edited by Olias; Jul 16, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Jul 16, 2011, 01:01 PM
Lifetime Member
JohnM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Thanks for the video Chuck, the plane really looks great in those close-up shots. Looking forward to your next flight in some brighter day light.

John
Jul 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Hmmm...interesting news since HH just updated their website yesterday under the Pole Cat listing with the availability now saying "Due early August". It just doesn't make sense for them to post "Due early August" if it really will be available for sale next Tuesday as that would cause HH to potentially miss out on some early sales from folks thinking hmmm....ok, I'll wait until August to check back in and think about ordering one then. Follow? Me thinks you got some bum info. from a flunkie at HH that really doesn't know what's going on with all their different new products.
Now looking at the Hobbyzone website it shows an eta of next Friday 7/22/2011. So now I will be able to decide between the Pole Cat, and what is being released next Thursday.
Jul 16, 2011, 01:43 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Olias's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danegerous View Post
Now looking at the Hobbyzone website it shows an eta of next Friday 7/22/2011. So now I will be able to decide between the Pole Cat, and what is being released next Thursday.
Really? Here's what I see right now when I go to the Horizon site. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PKZU1480

Mind you, in MY opinion Horizon is much more up to snuff on updating their web site info. For instance HobbyZones still shows the old E-Flite P-47 even though it does show it as Out of stock and then following the link it shows it as being discontinued (which we all already know). So, I'm just saying I don't trust HobbyZone's info. even though it is indeed a ParkZone product. Personally I think HH is much more up to date on it's current status since they are the ones actually producing it (referring to the Pole Cat). Follow me? But, this is just my opinion.
Jul 16, 2011, 03:45 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Hmmm...interesting news since HH just updated their website yesterday under the Pole Cat listing with the availability now saying "Due early August". It just doesn't make sense for them to post "Due early August" if it really will be available for sale next Tuesday as that would cause HH to potentially miss out on some early sales from folks thinking hmmm....ok, I'll wait until August to check back in and think about ordering one then. Follow? Me thinks you got some bum info. from a flunkie at HH that really doesn't know what's going on with all their different new products.
O,

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3323

rc
Jul 16, 2011, 03:58 PM
Lifetime Member
JohnM's Avatar
i am in no rush to buy this... it will be a replacement of my Su-26 and Su-26 Xp once they are destroyed beyond repair. By then, I am hoping the price will be dropped or it will be offered without the battery and charger.

John
Jul 18, 2011, 12:33 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
all this talk about Reno Racers ... I came across this vid of a beauty on another RCG thread.... OMG!!!

turn up your sound if ya have anything decent

just go full screen and TURN IT UP!


P-51 The Galloping Ghost @ Warbirds over Oberhausen (3 min 33 sec)
Jul 18, 2011, 09:16 AM
Registered User
chulian1819's Avatar
Witch is better for aerobatics? the pole cat or the sukoi?
Jul 18, 2011, 09:24 AM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819 View Post
Witch is better for aerobatics? the pole cat or the sukoi?
Sukhoi has larger control surfaces and throws, so it can be thrown around a lot more.

The Polecat might do precision a little smoother, but won't be able to do things a Sukhoi can do.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ultra micro pole cat CaptDH Micro Ready-to-Fly 13 Jul 18, 2011 12:23 PM
Discussion Park Zone Ultra Micro T-28 Battery Upgrade? itsme2 Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 30, 2011 12:47 PM
Found any Park Zone micro guts kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 30, 2011 12:18 PM
Found Park zone/e-flite ultra micros kino-schmid Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 17, 2011 03:15 PM
Sold B&F J-3 Ultra Micro Cub By: Park Zone Jolly Roger1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jun 16, 2011 05:42 AM