Jul 08, 2011, 12:15 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5
About how much is shipping for the $144 Sbach there(discounted)?
Shipping would be free if you added $6 worth of spare parts (there's a $2 handling charge, too)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2011, 12:23 PM
I did this too, but it still says the sbach is 169?

Edit: Never mind, I forgot hit join. Wow, an sbach for 25 off. That is a steal!
Jul 08, 2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
Shipping would be free if you added $6 worth of spare parts (there's a $2 handling charge, too)
Is there tax? (California?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by helidude22
I did this too, but it still says the sbach is 169?

Edit: Never mind, I forgot hit join. Wow, an sbach for 25 off. That is a steal!
Yeah $25 off ! All the products have discounts which is pretty good.
Jul 08, 2011, 04:17 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
When I ordered my SBACH from WT I added a spinner, prop and a cable I needed. Total shipped was $153 and change. No charge for shipping as it was over $150.00. There is a $2.00 charge for something which brought the total to the $153. Great place to do business with and quick shipping...
Gary
Jul 08, 2011, 05:01 PM
Okay, here is the rookie question of the thread, I know the full scale pole cat is a pylon racer, So.. Is this one meant to be a racer as well? It only flys on a 1s brushed, the same power plant that is in the SU-26? If thats the case its not going to be very quick. Who knows, once I see the product fly I guess I can make my final say so then. I fly over a soccer field so I have a bunch of obstacles to fly around so it should be fun but I also want the SBACH but 180 dollars is WAY too much money for a micro.
Jul 08, 2011, 05:03 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
this always comes up and i don't really know why. why is $180 too much for a micro? what makes the micro any different than any other plane?
Jul 08, 2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwardflyer
this always comes up and i don't really know why. why is $180 too much for a micro? what makes the micro any different than any other plane?
I own the sbach and the beast to but I will take a stab at this.

180 bucks is to much for a bnf plane. I wont even get into their regular size planes as I think they are way over priced to but that can be a different discussion. Lets look at the beast, It started out at the same price but dropped down to around 130 after a long while of being out. We are talking about foam and electronics that have been out for a while now. I feel that for a brushless, 130 is a decent price but still they need to go one step further like they did with the extra 300 3d. We need basic kits to. You know how many single cell chargers I have? You know how many xbox type transmitters I have? To many! I am paying for extra stuff that I do not need or want. Give me the plane and maybe a battery.

My other issue is that since I got into the world of UM planes, I have seen a decline in quality control on these things and Horizon being very inconsistent in their customer support. One person may get an entirely new plane, another person is told the warranty is only good till the time of the sale. I mean, come on. what kind of crap is that? Just look at the latest sbach issues with sticking servos.I am lucky that I got one that works fine, but there have been several that have gotten planes that crash on the first flight due to QC problems. How would you feel if you payed 180 bucks for a plane that crashed on its first flight and was not due to your fault and then be told that the warranty is only good for the time of the sale? If they get their QC back up to being what it should be, THEN maybe the planes would be worth 180 bucks, or offering more basic kits at a lower price. For me, there are just several factors even beyond what I have written here that makes me question that price for getting brushless.
Now dont get me wrong, I do love almost all of my planes, I still feel I got the shaft on the corsair though, shame to, that was the one plane I was so looking forward to.
Jul 08, 2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
I could re-buy my crashed Striker Q for 180 dollars, I could go buy the new Spitfire Mk IX PNP for 180 dollars, I could get the new S.E.5a WWI PNP for 180 dollars, I could get a new P-47D Thunderbolt PNP for 180 dollars.. I would much rather fly the larger planes, Micro become an inconvenience and annoying to fly when the winds pick up, althought I own them all from the white sukhoi to the Mozzy. I could take my thunderbolt up in 10mph winds and just beat up the sky.

You understand why I think 180 dollars is alot for a micro? They need to lower the price like they did to the Beast, 120 would be a decent price.
Last edited by Unrealpie; Jul 08, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Jul 08, 2011, 06:13 PM
ya the price could go down but what gets me is that just because its micro it should cost nothing. making things small is hard and expensive. just cause its smaller doesn't mean its cheaper to make than the larger planes.
Jul 08, 2011, 06:29 PM
does anybody know if the Pole Cat has shipped from Cha-Cha-China on the ol sloooow boat yet?
Jul 08, 2011, 06:37 PM
Way to many airplanes!
I have some large birds so I can fly in the wind and I have some small birds so I can fly in my backyard, on my street, indoor, or in my local park. But the main reason I don't mind paying for UMs is the fact that I can have 15 totally differents birds, neatly stashed in a small corner, and my tender half doesn't mind. On the other side, I have a hard time when I get close to 10 large airplanes...
Jul 08, 2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealpie
I could re-buy my crashed Striker Q for 180 dollars, I could go buy the new Spitfire Mk IX PNP for 180 dollars, I could get the new S.E.5a WWI PNP for 180 dollars, I could get a new P-47D Thunderbolt PNP for 180 dollars.. I would much rather fly the larger planes, Micro become an inconvenience and annoying to fly when the winds pick up, althought I own them all from the white sukhoi to the Mozzy. I could take my thunderbolt up in 10mph winds and just beat up the sky.

You understand why I think 180 dollars is alot for a micro? They need to lower the price like they did to the Beast, 120 would be a decent price.
They'll lower it, just wait..... Anytime now.....

If you guys want speed, upgrade the new pole cat into a 2S brushless rocket! I put a 2S brushless system in my sukhoi xp, now it flies like a rocket!!! A full throttle pass is as fast as a car zooming by on a freeway(seems like it, you can feel the wind too )!!
Jul 09, 2011, 11:04 AM
Never stop
Price of anything is simply set by how much people are willing to pay for it. No more no less.
Jul 09, 2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
this always comes up and i don't really know why.
Ohwww Ohwww, Ohwwww, Mr. Kotter...I think I know - obviously because folks like you keep bringing it up ?

Horshack
Jul 09, 2011, 12:26 PM
folks like me? i wasn't the one who brought up the whole "its a micro so it shouldn't cost anything"

Quick Reply