Jul 08, 2011, 09:54 AM
Wood Chucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrat
im using the stainless rods and the long hex bolts and it works great

as the stainless threaded bar is cut it is alot smoother than the plated threaded rods

pressing in two of those inserts..... you will need to see if the pitch aligns or the rod wont screw in , but im sure thats an easy fix

cmon, progress !!!
I couldn't find any stainless rods locally but I was looking for them specifically for that reason. Where did you get yours? If I can find some I'll certainly get them.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2011, 10:47 AM
Duane, LSF IV
You might check a local Fastenal store, to see if they carry S/S threaded rod.
Jul 08, 2011, 10:58 AM
Wood Chucker
Crap, I never thought of Fastenal. Unfortunately they're not open on weekends. Thanks Wazmo! Hmm, there's one near my girlfriend's work. I could meet her for lunch on Monday while I'm working from home.
Last edited by Lacquerhead; Jul 08, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
Oct 03, 2011, 12:01 AM
Hi Wood Chuck!
I am thinking about doing just what you are. Have you finished your mechanicals?
Do you think it will be accurate enough for good cutting?
Can you post some pictures?
Thanks!
Sincerely,
Mike