Jun 29, 2011, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Park Zone Ultra Micro T-28 Battery Upgrade?

I have some 3.7V 150mAh 12C Lipos that I use with my PZ Champ. The UM T-28 comes with a 3.7V 1S 120mAh battery. Will the Champ batteries work ok in the T-28, will I have to adjust the CG, is the Champ battery really a higher capacity then the stock T-28 battery?

Thank you.
Last edited by itsme2; Jun 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
Not sure how the battery slot is on the UM T-28, but flew a variety of batteries in my UM J-3 Cub, 120 and 150 E-Flite/PZ and Thunder Power 160 (actually shorter than the 150). And since I used some of them in an mSR and did not want to put Velcro on them, I just made a Velcro strap to hold them in the slot, which did not necessarily keep them from sliding unless tension from the connector in the end slot kept them there.

So just see where in the slot gives the best CG, and as long as not tail heavy, just go fly it. You could always use a click or so elev trim on your Tx if necessary. But the pitch of the Cub tended to vary with throttle anyway, so I would adjust the throttle for level flight, and if I needed to punch into the wind, I would give it full throttle and a little down elevator with the stick.
Jun 30, 2011, 11:24 AM
Mile High Pilot
I use the Thunder Power 160maH 25c batteries in mine... they are awesome. More power, made a significant difference in the performance of my UM T-28.

Edit : cheap too...

Your champ batteries will probably work fine - I use a pretty wide variety of packs in my T-28, its not OVERLY CG sensitive to different batteries.

jc
Jun 30, 2011, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighjc
I use the Thunder Power 160maH 25c batteries in mine... they are awesome. More power, made a significant difference in the performance of my UM T-28.

Edit : cheap too...

Your champ batteries will probably work fine - I use a pretty wide variety of packs in my T-28, its not OVERLY CG sensitive to different batteries.

jc

Thanks mhjc for the info! How do you determine if the various batteries have the correct connector?
Jun 30, 2011, 12:47 PM
Mile High Pilot
I think the 1S micro packs are pretty universal - at least I havent seen one that didnt fit.

jc

Quick Reply