Jan 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
will i be fine with 3s, 60A esc, stock motor? what about power 15 motor and same batt + esc setup? both with 9x9 prop.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2013, 04:59 PM
Go Fly Something!!
Ok guy's I give up!

I need help with setting up the flaperon mix on my Dx6i

Here is what I know so far:
1) Right aileron in the ALE post
2) Left aileron in the AUX1 port

From here out I am lost....

Thanks in advance

Don
AMA384859
Jan 21, 2013, 06:23 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlt2859
Ok guy's I give up!

I need help with setting up the flaperon mix on my Dx6i

Here is what I know so far:
1) Right aileron in the ALE post
2) Left aileron in the AUX1 port

From here out I am lost....

Thanks in advance

Don
AMA384859
you should give up! flaperons are NOT advisable on this model. You're asking for a tip stall, crash, burn

do a search in this thread.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:33 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Got in 3 more fllghts this afternoon. Very grey sky and windy - lost orientation a couple of times running inverted and came very close to crashing once. I need to put stripes or something on the bottom of the wing

Wolfe
Jan 21, 2013, 06:33 PM
Spitflier
Just do split flaps. Servos can hide under the rads. Looks sweet. Slows her waaaaaay down with 85-90* deflection.
Oh and for accuracy, barely slow em down. These things are pneumatic on the real thing and they come down with a Big Bang. Plus, split flaps have no ballooning tendencies. I'll get some pics up one day....
Jan 21, 2013, 06:48 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Heya CM,

I run an E-Flite power .15, 40 amp sbec, and a 9 x 7.5 APC prop. I would think you could go to 9x9 with a 60 amp esc as long as the motor can take it.

Wolfe
Last edited by wolfewinde; Jan 21, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:55 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Latest on the Burma Spits:

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/21/169621...es?ft=1&f=1001
Jan 21, 2013, 07:15 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
thanks wolfe. i typically run the stock 9.5x7.5 so i figured should be ok but was worried if the extra 1.5 in pitch would cause problems. i'll maiden it cowlless just to check motor temp at end of flight.
Jan 21, 2013, 07:51 PM
You haz hurricane?
I second Stompin with the flaps. I too have added flaps to my spit, they are just regular flaps like the P-47...too lazy. I too have also stashed the servos underneath the radiators. This is a very good set up and doesnt affect CG at all. Also Tom is right with the flaperons, they are more teedius than they are worth.

Coot
Jan 21, 2013, 09:27 PM
I have a spitfire that I made and I tried flaperons on it. NOT good. the spit becomes mushy and wants to roll off and stall out. you end up giving it alot more power and going just as fast as you were to gain control.

the flaps for this bird must be applied to the inner trailing edge as flaps are intended. my spit survived because it's EPP, but I fear the beautiful parkzone one would end up in pieces.
Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 AM
AMA 52726
My Spitfire has the split flaps, and today I did touch-and-go's and found something awesome. I had the plane balanced/trimmed perfectly and was able to make landings using power only to control descent rate; no elevator input required at all! It was glorious! Some of the most beautiful and scale landings I've ever made with this plane were today. I hope weather's nice again tomorrow so I can take it back out and do it again. I'll try to drag one of my kids with me to get some video.

This is a fun plane; great flyer, and once you get flaps, lands gentle and slow.
Jan 22, 2013, 08:53 AM
You haz hurricane?
I agree, after I put flaps on mine it is such a nice predictable lander. Besides doing high speed fly bys, this is pretty much my touch and go bird. Also the retracts are VERY forgiving on this bird when it comes to landing as well.

Coot
Jan 22, 2013, 02:07 PM
I bought mine BECAUSE of the landing situation, so it will be almost exclusively a touch and go bird.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:31 PM
Spitflier
Bah. I can't find anywhere perfect to fly this from. I find whatever I do I can't fly off grass with her. We have thick grass here in Kelowna, even the short stuff.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StompinThom
Bah. I can't find anywhere perfect to fly this from. I find whatever I do I can't fly off grass with her. We have thick grass here in Kelowna, even the short stuff.
Have you raked the u/c forward ?
.... and using plenty of 'up' elevator as you pull away on your run-out ?

... otherwise she hand-launches / belly-lands just fine

Quick Reply