New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:19 PM
MegaTesla is offline
Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Team30 Micro EDF
MegaTesla's Avatar
Whoops! I must've missed that last paragraph
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:26 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTesla View Post
Whoops! I must've missed that last paragraph
don't get me wrong on paper, these seemed like winners (the rotary 2gr HK servo's)
guess we never know till we test things out for our own use

that's why I'm anticipating the worst, so I would be pleased with
the least . . . especially after ther "2gr" HK rotary servos ... LOL
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
epilot is offline
Find More Posts by epilot
Only nerd in the village
OK, so I know 3 words then.

If you want both speed and more torque you will need a larger motor with the right wind. Problem is that some of the larger 4mm motors have a thicker shaft so the pinion may not fit. What you really need is a linear servo with a 6 ohm motor. I would be around the 2gram mark.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:36 PM
MegaTesla is offline
Find More Posts by MegaTesla
Team30 Micro EDF
MegaTesla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelen View Post
don't get me wrong on paper, these seemed like winners (the rotary 2gr HK servo's)
guess we never know till we test things out for our own use

that's why I'm anticipating the worst, so I would be pleased with
the least . . . especially after ther "2gr" HK rotary servos ... LOL
I've got 8 of them that I got with 3 different orders. The first ones glitched and overshot on 5V. The ones from the last batch seems to behave better. I will have to test them again side by side, but I'm fairly certain they are not all the same...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:39 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot View Post
OK, so I know 3 words then.

If you want both speed and more torque you will need a larger motor with the right wind. Problem is that some of the larger 4mm motors have a thicker shaft so the pinion may not fit. What you really need is a linear servo with a 6 ohm motor. I would be around the 2gram mark.
Heck.. if the screws are in the right positions... a spektrum transplant
of a motor + mechanical part should solve the problem...

drilling a pinion would be possible with my proxxon mf-70. might need to get
correct drill bit (shouldn't be a problem)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:42 PM
epilot is offline
Find More Posts by epilot
Only nerd in the village
Just use a small reamer. Depending on the number of teeth on the pinion you might render it too weak though.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:44 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTesla View Post
I've got 8 of them that I got with 3 different orders. The first ones glitched and overshot on 5V. The ones from the last batch seems to behave better. I will have to test them again side by side, but I'm fairly certain they are not all the same...
I've used two batches .. first ordered 4 "2.0gr" - i.e w/o the screw
then ordered another 3 of the "2.2gr" - with the servo body lock screw.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:48 PM
axelen is offline
Find More Posts by axelen
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot View Post
Just use a small reamer. Depending on the number of teeth on the pinion you might render it too weak though.
before I start destroyig them "in the name of science".... first
lets get them here and see them

chancing gears is not that trivial, since motor position cannot be changed.
only options for more torque (the way I see it) are
1) SPKTRM plastic part + motor
2) replacing only the motor with the SPKRM one

any 2 cent ideas? . . . cuz that was my 1 cent one ...
lol and cheers
-Ran Amir
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
jj604 is offline
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
The use of a Spektrum satellite Rx with the Tx module is a cute solution if you have a Spektrum Tx. Uses up two sets of frequencies but that's not going to be an issue for these tiny systems I would think.

Has anyone figured out exactly what the Tx instructions for connecting the SPM9545 mean. There seem to be two conflicting instructions in the one paragraph 4.2). I'm guessing Con1 and Con3 are parallel identical connectors and you can use one or the other?? Wonder what Con2 does?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:27 PM
jj604 is offline
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
The HobbyKing stuff looks like its the same as Bidproducts but they are offering a different selection of the Rx and the Txs look like they might be a later version - the adjustment Pot (which is in the pictures in the HK manual) is gone.

http://www.bidproduct.com/more/cart....nSearch=Search

Anyone know for sure who is the actual manufacturer? Doesn't look like the DIY Air stuff.

http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_sh...c5f721f559.htm
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:51 PM
Vladimir88 is online now
Find More Posts by Vladimir88
Registered User
Vladimir88's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
...
Anyone know for sure who is the actual manufacturer? ...
I guess the manufacturer was mentioned in the discussion here-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...in+microrc+com
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...in+microrc+com

There has been specified the site of the manufacturer (http://www.origin-microrc.com/), but now he does not work.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:10 AM
jj604 is offline
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Thanks, Vladimir. The disappearance of a suppliers web site when HobbyKing start to sell their product is a known phenomena! Remember Quanum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir88 View Post

There has been specified the site of the manufacturer (http://www.origin-microrc.com/), but now he does not work.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 05:01 AM
epilot is offline
Find More Posts by epilot
Only nerd in the village
jj604, where do you see an adjustment pot? The RX I have is identical to the one on bidproduct: http://www.bidproduct.com/more/cartview.php?id=5675

It is the one described as 104RX in the manual. The one HK sells appears to be the 104RX-S.

The samples I received were from Origin. Of course the wholesale price to me was higher than the HK retail price. Volumes count!!

PS: Just noticed that HK are recruiting a couple of Product Specialist. If I didn't have a family to support I would be on my way to Hong Kong by now!
Last edited by epilot; Jun 29, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:17 AM
jj604 is offline
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Sorry for any confusion. The pot was on the TRANSMITTER module on the bidproduct items and in the HobbyKing manual picture but is gone from the pictures of the actual HK Tx modules on their web site. It was called "VR"

See pictures attached.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot View Post
jj604, where do you see an adjustment pot? The RX I have is identical to the one on bidproduct: http://www.bidproduct.com/more/cartview.php?id=5675

It is the one described as 104RX in the manual. The one HK sells appears to be the 104RX-S.

The samples I received were from Origin. Of course the wholesale price to me was higher than the HK retail price. Volumes count!!

PS: Just noticed that HK are recruiting a couple of Product Specialist. If I didn't have a family to support I would be on my way to Hong Kong by now!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
PatricMichigan is offline
Find More Posts by PatricMichigan
Registered User
PatricMichigan's Avatar
Could the module be made to work with something like a Futaba 4yf?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New: HobbyKing HK6DF 2.4Ghz FHSS 6Ch Tx j10fighter Radios 3 Feb 28, 2012 01:42 PM
Discussion hobbyking 2.4ghz hks3000 rudy999 Racing Boats - Electric 10 Mar 24, 2011 11:28 AM
Sold Hobbyking T6A 2.4ghz 6ch Radio System with extras whitty7628 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Sep 29, 2009 09:16 PM
Mini-Review Big test, Hobbyking(flysky) 2,4ghz system. sebbe Radios 5 Sep 13, 2009 06:02 AM
Discussion First Impressions using the HobbyKing 2.4Ghz 6Ch System Desert Hawk Radios 5 Sep 10, 2009 11:32 AM