Jun 27, 2011, 03:30 AM
Electronics slayer
Help!

Where did the fatshark website go?

I've recently tried to go and look at the Fatshark website and there's no website there anymore (www.­gowiththeshark.­com). Anyone know what's going on or has he just moved address?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2011, 05:01 AM
China implemented a new policy that only registered businesses are allowed to have commercial content websites and all businesses must submit documentation for approval by the government. Unfortunately I was not aware of this new policy and not informed by my web host (they posted it on their host site in Chinese - but didn't send out any emails) so they must comply and shut it down.
We've submitted the required documentation to the local bureaucracy, but I don't know how long it will be before its approved and reactivated.
It might be faster to forward my domain registration to another host outside China.
-Fat Shark
Jun 27, 2011, 02:42 PM
VaZ
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
China implemented a new policy that only registered businesses are allowed to have commercial content websites and all businesses must submit documentation for approval by the government. Unfortunately I was not aware of this new policy and not informed by my web host (they posted it on their host site in Chinese - but didn't send out any emails) so they must comply and shut it down.
We've submitted the required documentation to the local bureaucracy, but I don't know how long it will be before its approved and reactivated.
It might be faster to forward my domain registration to another host outside China.
-Fat Shark
I can host your domain if you need to.

Cheers,
Vaz.
Jun 28, 2011, 02:59 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaZ View Post
I can host your domain if you need to.

Cheers,
Vaz.
lol!
Jun 28, 2011, 08:56 AM
VaZ
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUd~Fokker View Post
lol!
It wasn't any joke

Vaz.
Jun 28, 2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
-Fat Shark
Aha, just bought an fatshark this weekend and i was looking for some information. My first thoughts where: and gone is my warrenty. Glad to know there's a problem with the website.