This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 25, 2011, 09:35 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Installing Castle Creations BEC PRO to my Airfield Bf-109

Good evening all.

I hope everyone has been able to fly and tonight I like to post my efforts in investigating what exactly is my Airfield Bf-109 has with respect to the Electronics controlling the motor, servos and most importantly 2.4G Receiver. I disassembled the Power System and removed the power system out of the model and was shocked to see a NO NAME ESC without any indication that it is a Switching Type of ESC nor did it have any external BEC soldered adjacent to it.

Of course they (NitroPlanes) are not open during the weekend so, I could not verify if the ESC that came with this model is in fact a Switching or not.

Not to take any chances, I opened a drawer and found exactly what I needed consisting of:

1. One (1) Castle Creations BEC PRO.
2. One (1) Maxx Products 2-ESC -to- Battery Harness with Deans.
3. Six (6) Inch Servo extension.
4. Male Ultra Deans Connector.

Disassembled the STOCK Power System from the Model:

Okay, progressing....

New Castle Creations BEC PRO and the Maxx Products 2 ESC -to- Battery Harness:

Used a servo extension cable to allow a safe manner to disable onboard BEC on the STOCK ESC:

Over-view of Power System modifications to include the CC BEC PRO:

My model (used) came with the BlitzRC 2.4G 6-Channel RX:

COMPLETE!

VIDEO showing the motor run-up, e-retracts and servos and all systems GO!

(2 min 29 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2011, 08:48 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP

Airflow

Oh, I almost forgot!

The functional chin scoop on this Airfield Bf-109 allows for very good airflow into the FUSE area and very good airflow over the ESC and Castle Creations BEC PRO and reason why I installed the CC BEC PRO on the bottom foam floor area like I did, even though the CC BEC PRO has cooling fins.

Jul 02, 2011, 06:09 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP

Video, Finally!

Guys!

My buddy was able to meet with me up at the RC Club and recorded some Video footage of my Airfield Me Bf-109!

First some still pictures on the Setup Table:

Now for the VIDEO!
(4 min 50 sec)

Quick Reply