This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 24, 2011, 05:15 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
exactly

Were lucky in that respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud
All good. If I wasn't expectin' a mild drubbing from my fellow addicts, I wouldn'ta posted that mess....lol!

Kinda neat that we, as stay-on-the-ground pilots, have the luxury of walking away from a major mistake...unlike our full-scale counterparts.
Oct 25, 2011, 12:28 AM
Registered Addict
Quote:
All good. If I wasn't expectin' a mild drubbing from my fellow addicts, I wouldn'ta posted that mess....lol!
Oct 25, 2011, 02:29 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
lol

Hey pssst...Stal's all worried about having enough power for his HK Slick...shhh don't nobody show him the MCPx series adapter I just whipped up...it's going to let me use my Hyperion 180mah 1S MCPx batts.....AND...makes the HK Nanotech 300mah MCPx form-factor batts available as well.....

Sshhh don't tell him.

Oh hey Stal....btw..mine ships out tomorrow, looks like. Stock is now at -7.....I think we done right to pounce on 'em. :smug:

Bud, making adapters for everything suddenly Bud
Oct 25, 2011, 02:37 AM
Registered Addict
Nice work Bud bet they were a bugger to make
Oct 25, 2011, 03:11 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris...
Nice work Bud bet they were a bugger to make
Thanky, actually I was surprised at how easy and fast it was, once I got it all set up in my head, and gathered all the parts. After soldering on Eflite boards and teeny tiny 1S connectors, this is cake. Beast>JST adapter next, as soon as I get the B female connector.

Chit it's 31.2F/0.4C out the door right now...brrr, cold front moving in. Ugh. Off to bed...

'Night.
Oct 25, 2011, 05:04 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Time for you to move up to 'Mans Plane' Bud.

Go the 'Bear!

LoL

BJ
Oct 25, 2011, 08:05 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64
Time for you to move up to 'Mans Plane' Bud.

Go the 'Bear!

LoL

BJ
Bah...I like flying precision pattern and 3D...not just boring holes in the sky.

Sheesh...we just had a f/s mid-air, over by the OR coast...looks like a Cessna 310 twin and who knows what else...nuthin left of it. The Cessna bellied into a field, the other craft disintegrated w/ no survivors.
Last edited by maukabud; Oct 25, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Oct 25, 2011, 08:19 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
ufo?

Quote:
Bah...I like flying precision pattern and 3D...not just boring holes in the sky.

Sheesh...we just had a f/s mid-air, over by the coast...looks like a Cessna 310 twin and who knows what else...nuthin left of it. The Cessna bellied into a field, the other craft disintegrated.
Oct 25, 2011, 08:25 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
ufo?
probably a 150 or something light like that..

http://www.ktvz.com/news/29586423/detail.html
Oct 25, 2011, 08:26 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
150 sized ufo

lol

Quote:
probably a 150 or something light like that..
lol
Oct 26, 2011, 12:56 AM
Registered Addict
Morning lads ! Kick back get a brew and enjoy some history in the hobby we so love

A plane a place a perfect day narrated by John Facenda Circa 1980s (13 min 22 sec)
Last edited by Kris...; Oct 26, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
Oct 26, 2011, 02:53 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
. . .
Last edited by Meebo; Nov 11, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
Oct 26, 2011, 06:51 AM
Hi Meebs,
These 100CP's are plenty stable. A few packs outside to get acquainted and....
The mSRX looks cool...but I think you really want the CP. And they ARE DAMN TOUGH. My Genius has crashed more than I can count and not landed on the bench for anything more than a spot of hot melt on the skids.

regards,
Bill
Oct 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo
Well the hunt continues for a lil tiny indoor/backyard flier

I got the micro Piaget and this thing is so flimsy and is really a piece o chit .... luckily It was only $33.

I'm thinkin I'll just buy some Depron Aero and make my own, won't have a slick graphics design but at least I can make one the size I want/need.

Should really get round to selling my two mSR's and MicroHeli "upgrades" (pfft, more like money wasters) to fund this new project.

Am liking the new mSR X tho as it flies more like a CP heli but is fixed pitched so it'll be more stable for smaller areas.

Need more mulla
Yah Meebz I got sucked into the micro Yak last year...flimzy floppy floopy...I rebuilt it out of Cellpro...and I'll prolly rebuild it again out of 2mm Depron this winter (which is now here 27F out my door right now )

What are you looking for in a micro? Grass lander or ashpalt? i ask because I am constantly searching for the "perfect cul-de-sac flyer" also...

You can put Beast or your micro Piaget guts in this cool micro Threlon..it's technically an F3P ship, but I'm finding that that class (and non-micro F3P size too) make great yard/front street/parking lot flyers:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...70&postcount=5

I thought a Beast would do, but nope, too fast and needs too much room for seriously tight residential flying.

This past summer my 78cm/30.7" non-micro F3P Breeze Pro ended up being my go-to plane for residential "urban guerilla" type flying- reason being is that the stall-speed is virtually zero- I can have fun way up high above the ground clutter, doing every pattern move I know, then glide 'er back in at Vapor speeds to a super tight circling landing amidst the condos ringing my tiny cul-de-sac. Try that with a Beast.

Maybe the new HK Durafly Slick360? Hehheh...mine just shipped this morn...

Bud, just one more Bud

My Breeze Pro..big, ugly, but oh so capable:
Last edited by maukabud; Oct 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:36 AM
My kind, Bud.
I don't much care how it looks on the ground. Watch 'er go!!!!

Quick Reply