This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 25, 2011, 07:45 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Discussion

"Bush Champ"

Well, I decided to add some slightly larger wheels on my Pilot 1 Champ to allow it to handle longer/taller grass better, but I wanted to avoid overdoing it in case the CG gets out of whack with larger tundra type tires. I decided on a compromise, and used 9/32" carbon fiber rod as shims inside Dubro 2.75" foam microlite wheels. See picture below.

Too windy today to fly, maybe tonight if wind dies off.

SkyCadet
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts