This thread is privately moderated by GiusedtoBe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 25, 2011, 12:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FMS Spitfire

Got this one on sale to go along with JMAH's so maybe if he can get his flying, we can do some formations. Not planning to do too much to this one right off the bat. Only minor mods so far including:
-slight rake of gear with a spacer
-Removed ugly gap in spinner and balanced it
-Painted cockpit, exhaust covers, cannon tips and gave goofy a makeover.
-Added UBEC

Hope to maiden today.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2011, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
Maiden flight went great. Definitely more of a challenge than the Mustang but still lots of fun. Managed to roll off grass and land on it without nosing over. I can really see the Spitfire tendancies are there on this model just like my tiny GWS version.
Aug 16, 2011, 12:02 AM
Captain Coolite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe
Maiden flight went great. Definitely more of a challenge than the Mustang but still lots of fun. Managed to roll off grass and land on it without nosing over. I can really see the Spitfire tendancies are there on this model just like my tiny GWS version.
Nice work Alan, You've inspired me to throw my 109 at the sky this afternoon.
I'll shout a "Mein Gott, Schpitfire!!" in your honour.
Rob
Aug 16, 2011, 06:01 AM
Thread OP
I've got that one too but its still in kit form. Going to try to repaint that one as well.

Regards,
Alan

Quick Reply