Oct 27, 2011, 08:31 AM
Looks like he hasn't been here since June. Ran home?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
RMS
RMS
Ed,

Nice first post! Welcome to rcgroups!
Oct 28, 2011, 07:20 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
Ed,

It's not arrogance, it is the desire to help people; most of us on RCG really do want to help beginners, we want them to enjoy the hobby as much as we do. The way that 99% of us got into the hobby was not starting with the fastest plane we could get our hands on but with a trainer.

What good does it do the dude who asked the question if we send him in the direction of the fastest plane that he can afford?
He goes out, and in all likelihood, crashes it on its first flight because being a fast jet the elevator will be twitchy (so will loop the moment he pulls the stick too far back), it will have an incredible roll rate (so will invert the second he over controls the ailerons) and is difficult to keep airborne because it came with the cheapest, lowest power EDF and battery.

So after 11 seconds in the air he will be left with a black sack full of foam shards (and all those memories of the flight, of course) and a chip on his shoulder about how it wasn't his fault that he crashed, why did the guys on the forum suggest that cr** plane, why is the world out to get me etc. etc. etc

So excuse us if we do try to direct beginners away from the ultra fast jet and toward something more docile that they will be able to learn on, and they will be able to have fun with (because you can have fun on a 3 channel Cessna, if you know what you're doing) and then they can progress through different planes and get to the EDF Jet.

And replying with
Quote:
im the best flyer in the world basically
is going to do no one any good. Don't question our attitude, question the OPs.

Luke
Oct 28, 2011, 11:29 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Personally, I think I'll just use my own judgement and decide for myself whether or not a given poster needs or deserves my honest advice... I think I'm capable of determining who's actually looking for it.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!

Quick Reply